Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
With news of an official Direct Connect port, ronnlund let us know that there is a DC++ port in the works:

Hi, a few weeks before the news of the Direct Connect for OSX was released I managed to get a coder to port Direct Connect Plus Plus (sourceforge project) to OSX, the client is allmost done. DC plus plus supports mutliple Hub connections and have loads more features than the original and it's open source.

Further discussion is in this Swedish thread.

swedentom

macrumors newbie
Dec 9, 2002
Cool

Found this @ neo-modus.com

Hey guys, it's been a while since I posted anything. I've been getting so much e-mail from enthusiastic Mac OS X users asking about Direct Connect that I thought I'd post some info here to clue everyone in. As it stands, the Mac OS X version of Direct Connect is 'done'. Which means it is feature complete and I've given it to a few of my friends for testing. I plan on releasing it before the 31st of this month.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Re: Cool

Originally posted by swedentom
Found this @ neo-modus.com

Hey guys, it's been a while since I posted anything. I've been getting so much e-mail from enthusiastic Mac OS X users asking about Direct Connect that I thought I'd post some info here to clue everyone in. As it stands, the Mac OS X version of Direct Connect is 'done'. Which means it is feature complete and I've given it to a few of my friends for testing. I plan on releasing it before the 31st of this month.

This was posted last week:

https://www.macrumors.com/pages/2002/12/20021205005734.shtml

arn

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.