Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 11, 2004
NYC
Hey all,
I fiddle around in garageband. Lately I've been getting into it a lot. I started making my own hip hop album. On apple.com I stumbled upon this- http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore?productLearnMore=TC834LL/A is it any good? Its kinda expensive. What I want to know from you guys is would you consider its worth me spending that money on this piece of hardware? Can anyone who used it give me a quick review please.

NewSc2

macrumors 65816
Jun 4, 2005
New York, NY
It's pretty nice. I haven't played with it in person but at that price your other options are the Behringer BCR/BCF units and those won't integrate as well into GarageBand.

I think your $150 might be put to better use elsewhere, though. Do you have a nice sound card? Good mic? Good monitors? MIDI Keyboard? Keep in mind the iControl is just a midi interface and there are some MIDI keyboards in that price range that can do kind of the same thing.. (play, stop, record, faders to control your volumes, etc.). I'm actually not very familiar with GarageBand (logic user here), but for $150 you can also pick up a cheap Behringer mixer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.