Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

76ShovelHead

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 30, 2010
Florida
Is it me, or does the newer Macs have a darker gray boot screen with a black apple logo?

I was at best buy the other day, and the new slim 21.5 inch iMac was off, so I got to turn it on, and it looked different from the gray boot screen on my macs.

Quad5Ny

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2009
New York, USA
Your vision is dynamic and adjusts itself to the overall lighting, it was probably just the lighting in the room (the brighter a room is the dimmer a Backlit display will appear).

StevenLambert

macrumors newbie
Feb 25, 2013
I've had that screen pop up a few times after my computer crashes. It'll do that for a day or so then go back to the light grey version of the boot screen. I'm thinking there's something in correlation to my computer randomly crashing and that dark grey boot screen.

StevenLambert

macrumors newbie
Feb 25, 2013
The screen is normal the dark grey screen with the black apple only shows up once in awhile. Like I said after it restarted on its own one day it turned back on with the dark grey with the black apple as opposed to the normal boot screen

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.