Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sossity

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 12, 2010
I recently purchased a 3 pack of those clear screen protectors from ebay for my ipad 1st gen, when i tried to put one on the screen, all these bubbles came up & are hard to get rid of.

are there any ways to avoid those bubbles? or are there better screen protectors to prevent this?

Tigerman82

macrumors 6502
Jul 27, 2010
I recently purchased a 3 pack of those clear screen protectors from ebay for my ipad 1st gen, when i tried to put one on the screen, all these bubbles came up & are hard to get rid of.

are there any ways to avoid those bubbles? or are there better screen protectors to prevent this?

Well obviously the Moshi iVisors are the recommendation here, especially the XT version. They promise 100% no bubbles and you cannot fail to install them. I think the only downsides are that they are somewhat expensive, a bit thicker and can have rainbow effect in the middle at certain view angles. However, these protectors do get five-star reviews and high recommendations just about everywhere. I ordered one for my new iPad 4.

Cptnodegard

macrumors 6502
Jan 17, 2013
The bubbles come from you putting on the protector wrong. They're not really avoidable with normal screen protectors, since they happen when you apply the screen protector in a way that traps the air inside parts of it you've already applied.

I had a screen protector for my iPad mini lying around, so I recorded a video of how to apply one. You can find it here:

http://www.pocketables.com/2013/02/how-to-avoid-bubbles-when-applying-a-screen-protector.html

Other than that, there are a few protection solutions that work differently than your normal screen protector. Zagg's invisible shield has you use a liquid solution to apply the protector, which eliminates bubbles by essentially just drowning them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.