Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ceva321

macrumors 6502
Original poster
so i got a $250 gift card for xmas from one of my clients..i always wanted a keyboard for my Ipad...so went to Best Buy saw the Zagg keyboard for $129..but decided to get the $99 Zagg Keys Pro...because the design is slick and it matches the silver color of the Ipad....

I just got it but i dunno if i like it.....the edge of the keyboard is raised, so it kinda bothers my palms as i type......

anyone has this keyboard?

anyone care to comment??

below is my new keyboard...

20130206_144456 by Ceva321, on Flickr

20130206_144507 by Ceva321, on Flickr

I also bought a Mini sleeve for my Ipad and my new keyboard :)

20130206_145610 by Ceva321, on Flickr

Last edited:

Azekecse

macrumors newbie
Feb 6, 2013
Sure, I'll comment. I purchased the Zagg Pro Plus keyboard (backlight), made a word of difference with my Ipad 4, particularly if you need it in a dimly lit setting.

I originally purchased the Logitech Ultra keyboard (lighter weight), but returned it for the Zagg Pro Plus, now my wife wants one for her Ipad (Valentine's day gift, with Roses of course). It's a tad heavier, but now I could actually leave my laptop and exclusively use my Ipad as a primary device (memory/app dependent).

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

maxosx

macrumors 68020
Dec 13, 2012
Southern California
I bought two ZAGG PROplus keyboards to go with the two iPad 4's I bought at my local Apple store.

I knew that if I didn't want mine confiscated, I'd better buy one for my wife as well :D

After trying a few other keyboards, I happened across a lengthy highly detailed review of the PROplus by a professional writer. Declaring it the best ever, I just had to try it.

I'm so glad I did. Now that I have spent a great deal of time writing with mine, I'm completely satisfied.

Azekecse

macrumors newbie
Feb 6, 2013
thank you guys, i will give it a try since Best Buy has a 30 day return policy :D

i also noticed the bottom of the keyboard already showing (after one day) sorta like stains or marks from the surface it rests on......:confused:

Be careful I went to Best Buy and they only had the Folio in the pro version.

Yes, you are correct about the stains/marks resting it on the surface. So, I went to Home Depot and picked up some rubber tips and mounted them on the bottom 4 corners, works like a charm. Their 3/8" clear and cost around $5.00. Hope this helps, good luck.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Azekecse

macrumors newbie
Feb 6, 2013

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 118

Tazzydnc

macrumors member
Dec 30, 2007
thanks man I will do that this weekend......below is a pic of my new keyboard hours after i bought it with a "mark/stain".... uurrrghghg :mad:

[url=http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8101/8454835708_6d04d775de_b.jpg]Image[/url]
20130207_190240 copy by Ceva321, on Flickr

it easily rubs off with a bit of moisture. I'm a fan of the rubber feet too, and you can even get a skin for keyboard. Skins for the original iPad work well, and Zagg makes some custom skins for it as well that are more like decals.

Tigerman82

macrumors 6502
Jul 27, 2010
I bought BlueLounge Kicks for my Zaggkeys Pro Plus

KS_desc_05.jpg

I'm really liking the Zaggkeys so far and have had no issues with the stability regarding the groove of the keyboard and the fact there are not magnets like in the Ultrathin. I don't know if it's because I use a back skin and a thick screen protector, but I could not get the iPad the fall off when in typing position. Highly recommended!

xDKP

macrumors 68020
Feb 27, 2011
Denmark
I use my iPad in a Apple smart case with back protection and love it. I use it a lot for handwritten notes but world like a keyboard for the times when a lot of mails needs to get done - is there any keyboards that work with the apple case still on other than the stand alone one?

ideal.dreams

macrumors 68020
Jul 19, 2010
I just bought a Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Cover for my iPad yesterday at Best Buy and I love it thus far. It clips on to the iPad like the smart cover does when not in use. When you want to use it, you just take it off of the iPad and put it in the slot that's part of the case to stand it up. Battery life is estimated at 6 months on a full charge with about two hours of usage daily. And it was only 80 bucks!

Azekecse

macrumors newbie
Feb 6, 2013
bought these at Home Depot...I have not put them on yet....I dunno if It will ruin the look...

:(

[url=http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8107/8468240287_3eb9e3da70_b.jpg]Image[/url]
20130212_160840 by Ceva321, on Flickr

Hmmm, the one's I have from Home Depot I found in the felt padded section, 3/8" diameter, those look approximately 3/4"-1" in diameter. I didn't want anything to large, because like you, I thought the larger diameter size would ruin the look of the Ipad. Just my humble thoughts. I can provide a picture of the product if you like.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Azekecse

macrumors newbie
Feb 6, 2013
^^^ yes please

As you wish: photo attached with a dime in the photo for scale.

I apologize I cut of part of the product, however it should be easy to locate in Home Depot. Hope this helps, good luck.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Attachments

• Plastic three eights inch Pad Shepard.JPG
    Plastic three eights inch Pad Shepard.JPG
    755.4 KB · Views: 108

xDKP

macrumors 68020
Feb 27, 2011
Denmark
I'm very split here - would love a keyboard and the Zagg looks promising and have very good reviews all around for the keys and such, but I'm 50/50 between using it for a lot of emails on the road (here would the keyboard serve) and taking a lot of notes with a stylus during meetings (here I use my stylus and the Apple Case full protection)...

So if I bought this Keyboard I would have to use it without my case, and then when in the meetings I would have to use the iPad unprotected...

Is there a keyboard I can use for my iPad with the Apple Smart Case still on?

xDKP

macrumors 68020
Feb 27, 2011
Denmark
Just jumped on the Zagg discount offer on the Zagg Flex - looks like a good starting option for me as of the moment.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.