Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

de-crust

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 4, 2013
Dublin
Hello,

I find there is an ''RSS feed'' utility in Mail.
I have the ''update RSS'' set to manual in Mail preferences... but it continues to update.

I now want to remove this RSS thing altogether because apart from the fact that I do not use RSS feeds, it doesn't work properly.

I have tried a few things to get rid of this annoyance without any joy.

how do I remove it, please?

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
This feature was removed in Mountain Lion, so I can't test it, but as I recall you can right click the RSS feed and delete it.

de-crust

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 4, 2013
Dublin
I tried your offered solution, there IS no rt clk or any action available with the RSS category.

When previously attempting to fix this problem, I also pressed the ''arrow'' that is supposed to open a tree in this folder[?]/category but at that time[just after a new install] there was no response by clking on the arrow.

Just now after attempting once again the arrow pressing[following your thought on rt clk] the arrow has come alive...hah... blessed anomolies!
Apples seem to have them in abundance, I find :(

I clked the arrow-this opened a tree which had the offender in it---rt clked that... a resounding 'DELETE'. the result, NO RSS FEED.

Thanks W,

Thankfully, that's that sorted. :) next?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.