Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pyromancer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 6, 2013
Earlier today, I saw an interesting app is currently on sale so I decided give a surprise gift to one of my friend because I thought he'd definitely like it.

But I'm not sure if he has that app already or not. If he already has it, will App Store check whether that email account already bought that app and warn me? Will it be a refund later? or the money would just go waste?

And are there any way to check if my friend is already have this without asking him directly?

Please tell me, thank you.

John T

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2006
UK.
Why on earth don't you try it for yourself and answer your own question?!

nepalisherpa

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2011
USA
Earlier today, I saw an interesting app is currently on sale so I decided give a surprise gift to one of my friend because I thought he'd definitely like it.

But I'm not sure if he has that app already or not. If he already has it, will App Store check whether that email account already bought that app and warn me? Will it be a refund later? or the money would just go waste?

And are there any way to check if my friend is already have this without asking him directly?

Please tell me, thank you.

OP, I do not know the answer to your question but I do have a suggestion. Maybe you can ask your friend indirectly about the app before you decide to gift it to him.

mrgraff

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2010
Albuquerque
Without physically checking his phone by doing a quick search, I don't think so. I certainly hope there isn't a way to access somebody else's app purchase history.

Sylon

macrumors 68020
Feb 26, 2012
Michigan/Ohio, USA
Well, if by crazy chance its a game with GameCenter support, you can check his GC account if he is on your friends list. That's the only situation I can think of that you can do without having to check his phone. If it's not a GC game, well then I can't help you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.