Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

The untethered jailbreak tool evasi0n for iOS 6.x which has been downloaded by over four million users has seen a bit more news come out over the past 24 hours, led by an update designed to address a pair of bugs discovered in the initial version.

evasi0n.png
Users had reported a number of issues with the jailbreak, including slow boot times and the Weather app crashing, and iPodNN notes that both have been fixed in the update. Other issues do, however, remain, including some users being unable to access their App Store 'Purchased apps' history, and thus being prevented from re-downloading any apps lost or removed from the device.

Jailbreak author pod2g has also noted on Twitter that Apple's just-released iOS 6.1.1 beta does not yet address any of the bugs used by evasi0n in the jailbreaking process. This may change in future betas, however, and evasi0n is not currently designed to work on iOS 6.1.1, so users interested in jailbreaking their devices should hold off from updating.

Article Link: Evasi0n Updates: Version 1.1 Bug Fixes, iOS 6.1.1 Beta Doesn't Yet Patch Jailbreak Holes

GIZBUG

macrumors 68020
Oct 28, 2006
Chicago, IL
Version 1.1 contains the latest round of fixes for issues users have been reporting, including issues with rebooting and the weather app. According to @planetbeing, users may have to clear their Web browser’s cache in order to see the update. Those who have already jailbroken their devices won’t need this release, and can instead find patches for the problem via Cydia.

TMar

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2008
Ky
The purchased apps problem happened a while for many users before the JB came out. The app store has crashed on me for over a month whenever I try to view the purchased tab. I take it a new larger group has now noticed this bug and it has nothing to do with the JB.

Edit:
Just tried it and I can now access the purchased tab. It was still broken when 6.1 came out. From searches many assumed with was an account issue since some accounts would cause the crash on any device while other accounts on the same device would not.

Last edited:

jermmr

macrumors newbie
Mar 12, 2011
so...

So... what does this mean?

Is it an update on Cydia or a new Evasi0n v1.1 to download from their website and jailbreak with that?

----------

"evasi0n is not currently designed to work on iOS 6.1.1, so users interested in jailbreaking their devices should hold off from updating."

isn't that a Given? I mean I'm a newbie here and all but who here can't understand this?:confused:

GIZBUG

macrumors 68020
Oct 28, 2006
Chicago, IL
So... what does this mean?

Is it an update on Cydia or a new Evasi0n v1.1 to download from their website and jailbreak with that?

----------

"evasi0n is not currently designed to work on iOS 6.1.1, so users interested in jailbreaking their devices should hold off from updating."

isn't that a Given? I mean I'm a newbie here and all but who here can't understand this?:confused:

both. New JB's get 1.1, else go to cydia and get patches

M5RahuL

macrumors 68040
Aug 1, 2009
TeXaS
Settings > Safari > Clear History, then Clear Cookies and Data

Scroll down, click on Advanced > Website Data > Scroll down again and click on ' Remove All Website Data '

Done :apple:

designgeek

macrumors 65816
Jan 30, 2009
"Town"
Anyone having issues with the music app? Mine crashes upon startup a lot. At first I thought it was one of the plugins I had installed but then I removed Plugication and MusicGestures and it's still doing it. I've traced the problem, it seems to crash when the headphones are plugged in, or if I plug them in while the music app is running. I hope theres a fix soon. :(

M5RahuL

macrumors 68040
Aug 1, 2009
TeXaS
Weather app is working fine, post update from Cydia today.

Just checked the stock Music App and it's working too...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.