PDA

View Full Version : Apple Releases Airport Utility 6.2 with Guest Wi-Fi and Printer Improvements

MacRumors
Feb 7, 2013, 01:54 PM
http://images.macrumors.com/im/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com/2013/02/07/apple-releases-airport-utility-6-2-with-guest-wi-fi-and-printer-improvements/)

http://images.macrumors.com/article-new/2013/02/airport_utility_icon-250x250.jpgApple has released an updated version of its AirPort Utility wireless network manager (http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1628), bringing it to version 6.2.

The update contains the usual improvements and bug fixes, but Apple mentions three specific changes:
- The ability to extend the Guest Wi-Fi network on a network that is configured with multiple AirPort Base Stations

- The ability to add a WPS-capable Wi-Fi printer

- Improved international supportThe update weighs in at 20.64MB and is available through Apple's software update website (http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1628).

Update: Apple has also released AirPort Base Station and Time Capsule Firmware Update 7.6.3 (http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1617) for updating the units themselves.

Finally, the AirPort Utility app for iOS (http://appshopper.com/utilities/airport-utility) has also been updated to add the new functionality.

Article Link: Apple Releases Airport Utility 6.2 with Guest Wi-Fi and Printer Improvements (http://www.macrumors.com/2013/02/07/apple-releases-airport-utility-6-2-with-guest-wi-fi-and-printer-improvements/)

Icaras
Feb 7, 2013, 01:57 PM
I wonder if this update hints at impending AC routers soon...

William Gates
Feb 7, 2013, 01:58 PM
Why isn't this available as a mac app store update?

jav6454
Feb 7, 2013, 02:00 PM
Already updated. Minor fixes that I do notice. Overall, nothing special. The extended Guest Wi-Fi is minimally impressive and should've been done since the first time Guest was included.

Cynicalone
Feb 7, 2013, 02:00 PM
After installing I now have updates showing up for my Airport's and Time Capsules.

TsMkLg068426
Feb 7, 2013, 02:01 PM

I noticed this problem to, but I was able to update this on my sisters notebook running Mac OS X Snow Leopard with no problem.:confused:

ck2875
Feb 7, 2013, 02:02 PM

It was for me.

el-John-o
Feb 7, 2013, 02:02 PM
I wish they'd return some of the functionality that existed in Airport Utility 5. (It's still what they distribute to Windows). I run Airport Utility 5 alongside 6, but so far 5 does more than even 6.2!

William Gates
Feb 7, 2013, 02:04 PM
It was for me.

okay, i just saw it said it was available at an apple.com support page.

Attonine
Feb 7, 2013, 02:04 PM
After installing I now have updates showing up for my Airport's and Time Capsules.

Same here, TC firmware update to 7.6.3 I think. Don't know if this is because I've been negligent in updating my TC, or if this is a new firmware to coincide with the Airport Utility. Also not sure if the badge on the Airport Utility advising of available firmware update is new or not, but it helped.

squirrelist
Feb 7, 2013, 02:07 PM
Same here, TC firmware update to 6.0.3 I think. Don't know if this is because I've been negligent in updating my TC, or if this is a new firmware to coincide with the Airport Utility. Also not sure if the badge on the Airport Utility advising of available firmware update is new or not, but it helped.

The firmware is new. And the badge has been a feature for a while. Apparently you're not as negligent as you thought :)

gramirez2012
Feb 7, 2013, 02:08 PM
I wonder if they'll update the Windows version of AirPort Utility. :confused:

Cynicalone
Feb 7, 2013, 02:11 PM
Airport Base Station and Time Capsule Firmware Update 7.6.3 available here...

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1617

Icaras
Feb 7, 2013, 02:21 PM

It was for me?

Edit: Sorry, just saw you responded to someone about this already.

registerednerd
Feb 7, 2013, 02:26 PM

System updates take a little longer to load and show on the list than app updates do. Wait at the update screen a little longer, and it should show up.

SnapApps
Feb 7, 2013, 02:29 PM
FINALLY! glad they allowed you to extend the guest network! That was really annoying and disappointing before…THANKS

cerote
Feb 7, 2013, 02:33 PM
I wish they'd return some of the functionality that existed in Airport Utility 5. (It's still what they distribute to Windows). I run Airport Utility 5 alongside 6, but so far 5 does more than even 6.2!

I know. I keep a copy of 5.x because it gives more options.

bb426
Feb 7, 2013, 02:37 PM
Image (http://www.macrumors.com/2013/02/07/apple-releases-airport-utility-6-2-with-guest-wi-fi-and-printer-improvements/)

Image (http://cdn.macrumors.com/article-new/2013/02/airport_utility_icon-250x250.jpg)Apple has released an updated version of its AirPort Utility wireless network manager (http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1628), bringing it to version 6.2.

The update contains the usual improvements and bug fixes, but Apple mentions three specific changes:
The update weighs in at 20.64MB and is available through Apple's software update website (http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1628).

Article Link: Apple Releases Airport Utility 6.2 with Guest Wi-Fi and Printer Improvements (http://www.macrumors.com/2013/02/07/apple-releases-airport-utility-6-2-with-guest-wi-fi-and-printer-improvements/)

This article is slightly misleading. There's two different downloads... The specific firmware for the 802.11n compatible devices (v.7.6.3), AND the Airport Utility (v.6.2). The firmware download page for the base stations is here (http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1617)

EDIT:
Looks like Icaras got it before me, by the way. :cool:

sazivad
Feb 7, 2013, 02:51 PM
For me it was…
http://i.imgur.com/nLuZXyw.png

rdlink
Feb 7, 2013, 03:06 PM

Absolutely agree. I do the same thing, because without it you can't see network logs, such as wifi clients and DHCP clients. Please Apple, at least make this version of AU as functional as it was before.

William Gates
Feb 7, 2013, 03:28 PM
No prob Icaras. This comes for me just in time because I got an Airport Express to extend my network last week.

OldSchoolMacGuy
Feb 7, 2013, 03:50 PM
Not seeing any update showing in Airport Utility on my older 802.11n Airport Extreme even though it claims this update is for all 802.11n routers. Currently it's running 7.6.1

alexandero
Feb 7, 2013, 04:11 PM
As Apple does not mention it in its press release: I assume 6.2 has not reimplemented the 5.x feature that allows you to backup a Time Capsule to an external USB drive?

gusjc
Feb 7, 2013, 04:34 PM
This update broke my network.

I still have internet on my iMac (through Ethernet) but can't connect to my Wi-Fi network on my MacBook/iPad/iPhone, even though I can see it. Also, my Time Capsule and Airport Express appear as missing in the Airport Utility.
Tried resetting my Time Capsule but it does nothing (it's "stuck" with a green light). Tried unplugging and plugging back in, the Airport Utility recognizes it for a little while, and then it goes missing again.

Ideas?
Anyone else experiencing this?

swordfish5736
Feb 7, 2013, 04:39 PM

I still have internet on my iMac (through Ethernet) but can't connect to my Wi-Fi network on my MacBook/iPad/iPhone, even though I can see it. Also, my Time Capsule and Airport Express appear as missing in the Airport Utility.
Tried resetting my Time Capsule but it does nothing (it's "stuck" with a green light). Tried unplugging and plugging back in, the Airport Utility recognizes it for a little while, and then it goes missing again.

Ideas?
Anyone else experiencing this?

Can you see the time capsule and airport express on the iMac?

Try unplugging the time capsule for 30-60 seconds and plug it back in. Give it time to boot up.

When the drive in my time capsule failed it did some wonky things before refusing to boot back up from power cycling it.

gusjc
Feb 7, 2013, 04:48 PM
Can you see the time capsule and airport express on the iMac?

Try unplugging the time capsule for 30-60 seconds and plug it back in. Give it time to boot up.

When the drive in my time capsule failed it did some wonky things before refusing to boot back up from power cycling it.

I can't, they appear as missing (with the little yellow triangle next to them).
Tried power cycling but, as I said before, they appear for maybe 30 seconds and then disappear again.

Not sure what's going on, it worked perfectly right until I updated.

Peace
Feb 7, 2013, 04:49 PM
I can't, they appear as missing (with the little yellow triangle next to them).
Tried power cycling but, as I said before, they appear for maybe 30 seconds and then disappear again.

Not sure what's going on, it worked perfectly right until I updated.

It could be the other airport devices had a firmware update but you didn't update the firmware.

gusjc
Feb 7, 2013, 04:51 PM
It could be the other airport devices had a firmware update but you didn't update the firmware.

I updated the firmware in both the Airport Express and the Time Capsule and it all worked fine for maybe one or two minutes and then this happened.

Is there anything I could do?

bmoorhouse
Feb 7, 2013, 04:51 PM
I have an earlier version of the 802.11n Extreme that does not have a guest network feature. Does this firmware add it?

Peace
Feb 7, 2013, 04:52 PM
I updated the firmware in both the Airport Express and the Time Capsule and it all worked fine for maybe one or two minutes and then this happened.

Is there anything I could do?

Did you have your network extended with the other Airports ?

gusjc
Feb 7, 2013, 04:55 PM
Did you have your network extended with the other Airports ?

The Time Capsule was the Base Station and the Airport Express extended the network.
Thing is the Time Capsule appears missing even on a wired connection… :confused:

Macs In LA
Feb 7, 2013, 04:56 PM
Does anyone know yet if there is a way to add a timer for the guest network ONLY?

The last update allows for the wireless to be turned on and off at certain times or certain days, but it was for ALL wireless access and not just a guest access.

I have a few cafes and it would be great to automatically cut off the guest network at certain times to prevent people camping out in the cafe all day or during busy hours.

mentaluproar
Feb 7, 2013, 05:28 PM
so is this update stable or not?

John.B
Feb 7, 2013, 05:56 PM

Agree. I'm really disappointed that functionality from the 5.6 version still hasn't been ported over to version 6.2.

zoswizard
Feb 7, 2013, 06:05 PM
Once I updated my Airport Extreme (4th Generation) to 7.6.3 my IPv6 tunnel failed.

Double checked everything and it's all correct, and it did work with 7.6.1.

Does anyone else have the same problem?

parish
Feb 7, 2013, 06:23 PM
The iOS app update adds the ability to add/edit/delete Timed Access entries and the DHCP reserved IP list :)

Fatalbert
Feb 7, 2013, 06:26 PM
I love Airport Express/Extreme. Someone finally made a wireless router the right way. The update support is great.

RoarinRow
Feb 7, 2013, 06:36 PM
Once I updated my Airport Extreme (4th Generation) to 7.6.3 my IPv6 tunnel failed.

I have the same exact problem. I double checked my settings over at tunnelbroker.net and entered all the info again. I keep getting a tunnel error message.

I tried various settings in Extreme and on my Macbook Pro. No go.

I tried configuring my Extreme using my iPad and same results.

Brian Y
Feb 7, 2013, 06:49 PM
I use the Extreme solely as a wireless access point - it's routing sucks IMO (its inability to passthrough PPTP is crazy!).

However, this update seems to have drastically increased wireless throughput. Sitting in this chair I used to get about 60Mbps (third gen AEBS). Now I'm getting 85.

mentaluproar
Feb 7, 2013, 07:18 PM
Does this update resolve the IPv6 issues people have been bitching about here?

Pleepleus
Feb 7, 2013, 07:53 PM
Absolutely agree. I do the same thing, because without it you can't see network logs, such as wifi clients and DHCP clients. Please Apple, at least make this version of AU as functional as it was before.

You may want to check out the Wi-Fi diagnostics utility. Check the view menu after running it.

justinLONG
Feb 7, 2013, 08:17 PM
I use the Extreme solely as a wireless access point - it's routing sucks IMO (its inability to passthrough PPTP is crazy!).

However, this update seems to have drastically increased wireless throughput. Sitting in this chair I used to get about 60Mbps (third gen AEBS). Now I'm getting 85.

i too was getting 60Mbps on my 4S. now it's down to 6 (5th gen extreme)

Robbie L
Feb 7, 2013, 08:53 PM
Have a APExpress that extends my network. As soon as I turn it on, the wireless network disappears. Working fine prior to the update. Hopefully we hear something soon.

el-John-o
Feb 7, 2013, 09:32 PM

The worst part? The version they ship on Windows has all of the full functionality still. They ship a better version of Airport utility on Windows! The new UI is nice, but I have to say I don't understand the 'benefit' from REMOVING features!

kot
Feb 7, 2013, 10:52 PM
Just buy a Mikrotik product and you'll see what an actually capable wireless router can be capable of. They even offer you a scriptable CLI which even Cisco IOS lacks.

APE is just a dumbed down toy.

John.B
Feb 7, 2013, 11:06 PM
Just buy a Mikrotik product and you'll see what an actually capable wireless router can be capable of. They even offer you a scriptable CLI which even Cisco IOS lacks.

APE is just a dumbed down toy.

1998 called, they want their web developer (http://www.mikrotik.com/) back.

Explorz
Feb 7, 2013, 11:30 PM
DO NOT UPDATE to 7.6.3

Freakin' brilliant Apple!

After the updates my music played through airplay to an airport express cuts out continuously.

Airplay is now useless.

Replacing a "hosed" updated AE with one without the firmware update eliminates the music cutting out issue.

Thanks Apple for another brilliant FAIL!

Skoopman
Feb 8, 2013, 01:14 AM
Oh man, 5 Ghz is now all over the place. My MBA is a few cm away from my TC and rate (from 300 to 180) and signal (from -25 to -51) drop quite a lot, not much, but it was completely stable before the update. Also I have more noise on 2.4 GHz now (-80 instead of -88), what the heck.

laurenr
Feb 8, 2013, 01:28 AM

Agree. I'm really disappointed that functionality from the 5.6 version still hasn't been ported over to version 6.2.

I just cannot comprehend why Apple would "dumb down" Airport Utility the way they have since v. 6. I also keep V. 5 on my new iMac for the options it affords one.

^^ CoolMacLover
Feb 8, 2013, 03:05 AM
Didn't show up in the App Store but it does tell me there is an update when I open the utility.

roadbloc
Feb 8, 2013, 03:17 AM
Do Windows users get any of this stuff yet?

tgara
Feb 8, 2013, 05:10 AM
I have an earlier version of the 802.11n Extreme that does not have a guest network feature. Does this firmware add it?

No, but you should consider getting a newer Airport Extreme. It is certain that Apple will add additional features to these devices in the coming months, and your current gear will not be able to handle it.

Three updates:
1. Mac OSX Airport Utility Update
2. iOS Airport Utility Update
3. Firmware updates for Airport Extreme and Express

Get 'em all, boys! Took me about 20 minutes to update the FW in my Airport Extreme and 5 Airport Expresses. FYI, I had to run Airport Utility a couple times before the red badge showed (indicating FW update available) on all my routers. Be patient with it, it all works.

lexvo
Feb 8, 2013, 05:35 AM

Have you tried a factory reset? It has helped me in situations like this.

Factory reset:
- unplug from power
- press and hold reset button
- plug into power again while still pressing reset button
- after a few seconds release reset button

Note: you have to do all settings again after this.

Macman45
Feb 8, 2013, 05:55 AM
so is this update stable or not?

As far as I can tell, yes. I updated my TC first, it re-booted but it does take a while to sort itself out so patience is the key. I then updated my AE..same deal.

All my network settings were retained, and I have had no issues at all since updating them both last night.

radioactive
Feb 8, 2013, 06:32 AM
DO NOT UPDATE to 7.6.3

After the updates my music played through airplay to an airport express cuts out continuously.

Airplay is now useless.

Replacing a "hosed" updated AE with one without the firmware update eliminates the music cutting out issue.

Same for me, I have a 2TB latest generation Time Capsule and AirPlay is now dropping out every 2-3 minutes, where before it played flawlessly.

It's not a problem with routing either, the TC is only configured as a bridge for WiFi, I have a separate DSL router and PowerLine (homeplug) network that transports the audio.

I downgraded to 7.6.1 and it's all fixed.

File a bug report here:

http://www.apple.com/feedback/macosx.html

fhall1
Feb 8, 2013, 06:39 AM
DO NOT UPDATE to 7.6.3

Airplay is now useless.

LOL....after reading all the problems people had with 7.6.2 I've stayed at 7.6.1....if it ain't broke...

chercm
Feb 8, 2013, 06:53 AM
the 5Ghz band connection speed is so much faster after the upgrade

el-John-o
Feb 8, 2013, 07:43 AM
Safari is a little..

Okay no I won't go there..

Anyway, I didn't notice any performance issues after going to 7.6.3. However the update for Airport Utility did come through the App Store for me.

tgara
Feb 8, 2013, 08:14 AM
Did you guys update ALL the software? E.g. the Airport FW, the OSX Airport utility AND the iOS Airport utility? I did and Airplay works flawlessly over a long range.

Maybe restart all your gear?

iScott428
Feb 8, 2013, 08:53 AM
Question, I have a guest network enabled on my 4th gen time capsule and I also have an airport extreme (4th gen) plus a airport express. I can now see the option to add a guest network on my extreme, but I want to extend the current guest network from the TC as well as extend my main network. If I enter the same credential on the extreme as the current guest network setup on my TC will the software know to extend the network or will it create a 2nd guest network? This seems to be the way the main network is being extended, but before I went fiddling with it I figured I would check here first and hopefully save myself some time. Any suggestions would be helpful! Thanks!

Or is this even possible?

mdpeterman
Feb 8, 2013, 09:08 AM
Like others have mentioned the new update broke my IPv6 tunnel from tunnelbroker.net. Hope there is a fix quick.

bfroehle
Feb 8, 2013, 10:17 AM
Like others have mentioned the new update broke my IPv6 tunnel from tunnelbroker.net. Hope there is a fix quick.

The upgrade broke my IPv6 tunneling as well. Downgrading to 7.6.1 fixed it immediately.

John.B
Feb 8, 2013, 10:26 AM
The new iOS app won't accept the same basestation password I use to connect from OSX. Probably doesn't like some of the special characters I use in my password, and I'm not about to use a weaker password just to be able to use a dumbed down app on my iPad or iPhone.

RoarinRow
Feb 8, 2013, 10:56 AM
The upgrade broke my IPv6 tunneling as well. Downgrading to 7.6.1 fixed it immediately.

How did you downgrade? I need to do that to fix my IPv6.

bedifferent
Feb 8, 2013, 01:00 PM
I just cannot comprehend why Apple would "dumb down" Airport Utility the way they have since v. 6. I also keep V. 5 on my new iMac for the options it affords one.

Funny, I once called in AppleCare about an issue with a NAS on my network. This was when the "new" AirPort Utility came out. I still used 5.x, while the dmg will not install, you can drag and drop it from another (older) OS X install and it will run. The tech rep on the phone said she wouldn't use the new one herself, and was glad I had the older version (5.6). I don't know what Apple is thinking since 10.7, but this iOS (and the new AirPort Utility is exactly like the iOS version) of everything OS X is pissing me off.

Weaselboy
Feb 8, 2013, 01:06 PM

There is a great post here (http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=16693778&postcount=4) from forum member mmomega (http://forums.macrumors.com/member.php?u=394692) showing how to get Airport Utility 5.6.1 on Mountain Lion.

RoarinRow
Feb 8, 2013, 01:24 PM
How did you downgrade? I need to do that to fix my IPv6.

Found my answer:

AirPort Utility 6

Open AirPort Utility.
Select the base station you want to downgrade.
Place the mouse cursor over the version number and hold down the Option key to turn it into a pop-up menu. Press and hold the mouse button to open the menu.
From the menu that appears, select a firmware version and click OK. If you select Other, you will be prompted to manually locate the firmware update.

kingtj
Feb 8, 2013, 01:52 PM
I just upgraded both my Airport Extreme (latest revision) and Airport Express (latest model too) with this 7.63 firmware and all seemed to be well initially.

A few hours later, my wife tried to kick off a Time Machine backup over the LAN to my FreeNAS box serving as the makeshift Time Machine server (always worked pretty good before), and the backup suddenly halted.

I went downstairs to troubleshoot and realized the Airport Express and the Extreme which I had been running in bridged mode, with the Express extending the wi-fi network were not seeing each other. Both still had green lights on the front, but no network traffic was flowing between them at all.

I rebooted the extreme by unplugging the AC power, and when it came back up, all was well again. But now i'll have to keep an eye on it for a while to see if this was a one-time glitch, or a problem with the firmware.

Hitch08
Feb 8, 2013, 02:11 PM
Looks like I'll just stay with the current version...

MN7119
Feb 8, 2013, 02:34 PM
Updated Airport Extreme base yesterday. Working perfectly after the update. No issues at all.

calaverasgrande
Feb 8, 2013, 03:24 PM
they really need to do some work on the Wifi controls in ML. (not Airport, wifi).

They simply aren't as easy to use as the ones on much cheaper, lower quality PCs. And that is sad.
Plus, I have seen quite a lot of beachballing on my users MBPs. Not from Firefox or Safari, but from the dang Wifi preferences panel.
Compared to the stock windows wifi control panel, or Lenovo's and HP's wifi applets, it's primitive and annoying.
Why does it ask you to type the name in of the network first? (though there is a button to click to go to a list of networks)
Why doesnt it display the TYPE of network (ABGN etc)?
Why does the drop down for choosing networks freeze so often?

oldhifi
Feb 8, 2013, 07:20 PM
Upgraded mine, no problems..

rexone
Feb 9, 2013, 07:23 PM
I wonder if this updates fixes the problems of drop-outs when streaming music over your network?
And I've always kept 5.6 on-hand & prefer to use it over V6.
Just absurd how Apple is continuing to dumb-down all of it's app's and utilities.

jdmagoo1
Feb 10, 2013, 02:54 AM
So does this update enable guest mode when the AE is in bridge mode?

Explorz
Feb 10, 2013, 12:04 PM
Uh, I think not. That's a lot of what this thread is about. No wondering necessary.

I wonder if this updates fixes the problems of drop-outs when streaming music over your network?

kirbyrun
Feb 10, 2013, 04:03 PM
Firmware update broke Xbox Live for me, weirdly enough. Downgraded back to 7.6.1. Anyone else experience this?

roadbloc
Feb 10, 2013, 04:39 PM
It popped up and I absent mindedly clicked update. Low and behold my network as going insane and Dropbox refuses to function.

C'mon Apple, pull yourselves together. Your software has been terrible as of lately.

Weaselboy
Feb 10, 2013, 06:18 PM
Firmware update broke Xbox Live for me, weirdly enough. Downgraded back to 7.6.1. Anyone else experience this?

Xbox Live working fine here after the update.

wetrix
Feb 11, 2013, 01:47 AM
I've reverted to 7.6.1 on my 2TB Time Capsule from god-knows when. I had spotify drop outs and the drive kept unmounting roughy ever hour.

kirbyrun
Feb 11, 2013, 10:25 AM
Xbox Live working fine here after the update.

Hmm... Thanks for letting me know that. Now that I know it can work with the update, I'll investigate whatever other changes I might be able to make to my network.

PBG4 Dude
Feb 11, 2013, 02:42 PM
Hmm... Thanks for letting me know that. Now that I know it can work with the update, I'll investigate whatever other changes I might be able to make to my network.

Just stick with the firmware that works. I've had my Time Capsule since 7.5.1 and firmware upgrades for this thing have been hit or miss through its whole life.

Pugman1943
Feb 11, 2013, 04:23 PM
The one thing that is not apparent is just downloading the update does NOT install the update.

After you have downloaded the update, bring up Airport. In my case I have one extreme and two express. You then click on the device and it give you internal information. You find find a box the says "Update". You must click on this box to fully install the update.

After the update you will be instructed to restart you system or ignore. I updated my other two units, then restarted the system.

Since that time my Airport has been extremely stable.

justinLONG
Feb 11, 2013, 08:18 PM
I downloaded 5.6, did a hard reset (messed up the reset button in the process:rolleyes:) and downgraded firmware. I can't seem to connect to the web on my 4s when my mac is in sleep mode, even though the light is green and the utility app shows I am connected.

BaggieBoy
Feb 12, 2013, 05:08 AM
Woke up this morning and found no wireless connections, starting cursing the latest update to the Time Capsule. Went downstairs and there were no lights on the TC...then I realised there were no lights on anything in the area. The power block was turned off! Suspect one of my cats walked across it and trod on the the switch (again).

I did have a issue of the last weekend where the hard drive became unusable, even though I could see it and was able to erase it. Time Machine was still unable to use the disk, cycling the power seemed to resolve the problem.

Wombert
Feb 17, 2013, 05:00 AM
So does this update enable guest mode when the AE is in bridge mode?

Yes.

Although it obviously can only do the "separation" for wireless clients on the AP level then; the router behind it will still allow all traffic from the AE to "mingle" with that from other wired connections.

BaggieBoy
Feb 19, 2013, 05:18 AM
Since the upgrade, my Time Machine has been unable to detect the hard drive in my 3TB TC three times, power cycling the TC makes it work again. Going back to 7.6.1...

Yukonhawk
Feb 22, 2013, 08:32 AM

Yes, I had the same problem with my IPv6 tunnel via Hurricane Electric. I am running on Snow Leopard and have an AE Gen 5. When I upgraded to v7.6.3 everything got screwed up with my tunnel. I rolled back to version 7.6.1 and that solved my issue. For those of you that are on Mountain Lion here is a fix that I found on Ars Technica
http://arstechnica.com/apple/2013/02/airport-extreme-update-breaks-ipv6-tunnels-but-heres-how-to-fix-it/

I have not found a fix for those of us that are on Snow Leopard trying to use v. 7.6.3 except to rollback to 7.6.1. My guess is there won't be one and that you'll just have to upgrade to Mountain Lion if you choose to do so. Hope this helps.

gramirez2012
Feb 22, 2013, 09:49 AM
Ugh the latest update has been a disaster for me. Wide Area Bonjour no longer works, would not allow wireless clients to connect, random internet loss (even though the status light was green) and even screwed up the Ethernet clients. Spent all day yesterday trying to figure it out and ended up reverting to the old firmware.