Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AnorexicPig

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
Winnipeg,Canada
Hey guys,am sorry if it has been discussed before, but any one noticed a drop in the 3G connection since upgrading to 6.1 ? I need to turn the cellular data of and then back on to get 3G.

And I noticed this only when I read a report on The Verge about Vodafone UK asking customers to hold out a little before upgrading.Before reading it,I was wondering why it's happening,maybe a carrier issue but apparently not.

Also my battery life is hit, earlier my phone used to lose 1-2% overnight, now it's around 10%.

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
That 3G bug has been around since 6.0. Awful bugger. And yes, the battery life is atrocious on 3G on my iPhone 5. Wifi seems to be fine at times though. I'm starting to wonder if it's a rough iOS background process. Sometimes I can go all day without a major hit, other days it drains so fast I have to charge midday.

AnorexicPig

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
Winnipeg,Canada
That 3G bug has been around since 6.0. Awful bugger. And yes, the battery life is atrocious on 3G on my iPhone 5. Wifi seems to be fine at times though. I'm starting to wonder if it's a rough iOS background process. Sometimes I can go all day without a major hit, other days it drains so fast I have to charge midday.

Same here, I kinda found a workaround,now I switch off my cellular data when am at home,battery life just shoots up (weird since it's supposed to use wi-fi anyway).

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012
Verizon i5 here fine on 3G, my friends iphone 4 on vetizon is fine on 3 G aswell

----------

Seems to be a minute problem only really related to Vodafone and a few others

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.