Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dcr8832

macrumors newbie
Dec 6, 2012
FL
I've been using AirFile for about a month and have been fairly impressed so far. I think one of the reviews that I read said it best: "It's what the Dropbox iOS app should have been."

This morning I was happy to see that an update was available -- and that it included Google Drive and SkyDrive integration. (That, along with Box.net integration, is something a lot of us have been hoping for ever since installing AirFile. The idea of being able to replace FOUR apps with ONE is very appealing.)

However... After I installed the update and attempted to link Google Drive, I got the following error message:
"Please use your account password instead of an application-specific password."
Is there a reason why we can't use Google's app-specific passwords? Or Google's 2-step verification process? Or the method Airfile uses for connecting to DropBox accounts (where it temporarily opens the DropBox app and asks if the user wants to "Allow this app to access your DropBox account?" -- or something like that)?

Google advises users to never give passwords out, and never to enter them directly into 3rd party applications -- so I know I'm not the only one uncomfortable with Airfile's current method.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.