Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ryanturner103

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 9, 2013
Here
My macbook is about 6 years old or so. about a year ago I started getting messages about my version of OSX being too old and not supported for certain things. about 6 months ago all videos stopped coming up and I would get a pop up stating the version of java or quicktime was too old, but it would allow me to click the "run anyway" and the video would come up fine.

Now, about a week ago, I don't even get those and NO videos will play.

I had a copy of Snow Leopard but have lost it. Is there anything else I can do to elongate my computer. I am thinking of upgrading when I get my taxes.

Secondary question:
My iphones and ipad aren't recognized by my computer at all. Anything? I'd like to put some movies on my ipad for my son.

Thanks for the help.

ryanturner103

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 9, 2013
Here
I'm ok

I'm ok with that for now. I back up everything on an external drive. So I can move everything over to the new computer.

vistadude

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2010
Make sure to deauthorize iTunes.

Get snow leopard, it seems like a no brainer that will fix all of the problems, and let you sell or give away your notebook once the new ones comes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.