PDA

View Full Version : Omg! New Apple Tablet (sic)

funkywhat2
Dec 8, 2002, 08:23 PM
OH MY GOD LOOK AT THIS!
It has to be the new tablet that everyone is talking about! Look at it! So modern!

vniow
Dec 8, 2002, 08:29 PM
What the hell is that thing?

King Cobra
Dec 8, 2002, 08:32 PM
It's so modern Apple decided to use a solid, dark blue, a curved and complex design, and, to top it off, their classic rainbow Apple logo!

Quick! Where do I get one of these?

Somebody had too much time..."back then"... :rolleyes:

funkywhat2
Dec 8, 2002, 08:32 PM
its from a page in Apple Design, which I got from a pic on Red Light Runner. It was an old design exercise, I think.

funkywhat2
Dec 8, 2002, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by King Cobra
It's so modern Apple decided to use a solid, dark blue, a curved and complex design, and, to top it off, their classic rainbow Apple logo!

Quick! Where do I get one of these?

Somebody had too much time..."back then"... :rolleyes:

i hope that you dont mean that. i was joking.

sry bout the double post, hitthe wrong button (baby in my arms)

King Cobra
Dec 8, 2002, 08:42 PM
>(will) i was joking.

I was also joking.

>(KC) It's so modern Apple decided to use a solid, dark blue, a curved and complex design, and, to top it off, their classic rainbow Apple logo!

>Quick! Where do I get one of these?

I'm assuming you knew that this was old technology, so I decided to add to the comical relief. Your title had (sic) in it, and I assume you know what it means, being a father and all. :)

As for the too much time comment, I should be more descriptive.

It is possible that before OS X was a success people were developing mock-ups of possible PDAs or other Apple Palms. Obviously, Apple would not make something as "PC-ish" as that, so someone else did. Most likely, that person had way too much time on his hands and put a few gadgets together for this.

Another reason I made a big deal is taking into account all of the recent PDA mock-ups, that is a darn ugly version of a PDA. :p

funkywhat2
Dec 8, 2002, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by King Cobra
>(will) i was joking.

I was also joking.

>(KC) It's so modern Apple decided to use a solid, dark blue, a curved and complex design, and, to top it off, their classic rainbow Apple logo!

>Quick! Where do I get one of these?

I'm assuming you knew that this was old technology, so I decided to add to the comical relief. Your title had (sic) in it, and I assume you know what it means, being a father and all. :)

As for the too much time comment, I should be more descriptive.

It is possible that before OS X was a success people were developing mock-ups of possible PDAs or other Apple Palms. Obviously, Apple would not make something as "PC-ish" as that, so someone else did. Most likely, that person had way too much time on his hands and put a few gadgets together for this.

Another reason I made a big deal is taking into account all of the recent PDA mock-ups, that is a darn ugly version of a PDA. :p

Thanks for the clarification.

I'm not a father. I was holding my baby brother. I was under that when one wrote sic, they were expressing that something was to be taken sarcastically. I guess i'm wrong. can you explain (ready to take embarassment)

Thanatoast
Dec 9, 2002, 11:42 PM
"sic" is a form of "quote"

in a newspaper you'll sometimes see them quoting another article, "In the letter by Mr. Jones 'My mom is not stoopid(sic)' Mr. Jones was upset that...." It just means "that's not our typo, it's his."