Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IpadSC400

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 7, 2013
A mile high
Ello all
Just wondering where I can locate an original iPad box? Would Apple just give one to me? (I know, nothing's free) :) Where to get one for like 5 bucks?
Want my iPad as mint as possible...thanks in advance.

Cody3133

macrumors member
Dec 16, 2012
why would you want to store your ipad on a box? as supposed a protective case?

No, he probably want it so he sell it with the original box for more money OR he want to have it and keep the iPad for 50 years and sell it for a hundred million dollars:D

IpadSC400

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 7, 2013
A mile high
Well, don't throw it away or whatever next time.
I got it used. I actually wish I had gotten the 2nd Gen because of the camera, but I got this one.

So helpful :rolleyes:

To the OP, I have heard of people putting the boxes for Apple products on eBay. I haven't looked personally, but it might be worth a try.
OK< thanks for the info.

THANKS! I was hoping Apple would just give one to you since they make a billion bucks a day...:D JK, thanks so much for the links. I'm watching one.

why would you want to store your ipad on a box? as supposed a protective case?

No, he probably want it so he sell it with the original box for more money OR he want to have it and keep the iPad for 50 years and sell it for a hundred million dollars:D
^^That is why. I might sell it, IDK, we might move, it's just good to have the original box around for protection.

Well, as it's easily identified that the box doesn't match the iPad, you have to make it $500K.
LOL!!:D

pat park

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2011
California
eBay does not allow sales of ipad boxes. I know it see,s strange, but I put my ipad 1 box up on eBay and they killed the auction.

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
eBay does not allow sales of ipad boxes. I know it see,s strange, but I put my ipad 1 box up on eBay and they killed the auction.

I think if it's clearly listed as the box only, it's okay. Of course I could be wrong.

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
My auction clearly stated box only. They have a policy against it for some reason.
Yet it's perfectly fine to sell a piece of toast with the image of Jesus.
:confused:

Lol, so true. But with the toast, you know exactly what you're getting. :)

I'd bet the sale of boxes is to not confuse buyers.

IpadSC400

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 7, 2013
A mile high

My auction clearly stated box only. They have a policy against it for some reason.
Yet it's perfectly fine to sell a piece of toast with the image of Jesus.
:confused:

I think if it's clearly listed as the box only, it's okay. Of course I could be wrong.

FYI, I did buy a box for 10 smacks on eBay. eBay allows it if you sneaky enough...:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.