Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple mailed out media invitations last week featuring red curtains and the phrase "One more thing..."

The rumor mill has been buzzing about the possibilities of this upcoming announcement from Apple.

Claims have spanned across product lines. Reports have included Video iPods, Powerbooks, PowerMacs, non-Video iPods.

The event takes places at 10 a.m. Pacific, 1 p.m. Eastern. It is a media event only. No live video webcast is available. We will provide updates and/or links to coverage as they become available.

jimN

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2005
London
stop teasing us; we don't want invites we want answers. Damn apple and their effective plugging of leaks!

gctwnl

macrumors regular
Jan 4, 2005
The Netherlands
Best sites for coverage?

What are the best sites for coverage? Wasn't there supposed to be some BBC event in London at the same time?

ipodnano

macrumors newbie
Sep 8, 2005
I'm betting we see Black and White iPods..

40 and 80 gb black and white music video iPods..

--

iPodMechanic.com

tekmoe

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2005
yup, i desperately want to buy a new updated 17" powerbook. today could be the day...

RJP31484

macrumors regular
Apr 19, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Im a FOOL!

Without thinking I left this morning thinking that I could see all the new products after my morning class (11:00 Eastern) then I realized Im an idiot, and OF COURSE it starts at 10 AM PACIFIC!.. UGH! more waiting!!

reflex

macrumors 6502a
May 19, 2002
RJP31484 said:
Without thinking I left this morning thinking that I could see all the new products after my morning class (11:00 Eastern) then I realized Im an idiot, and OF COURSE it starts at 10 AM PACIFIC!.. UGH! more waiting!!

You think you have it bad? I've been waiting for 10 hours now ... and that's only Europe, what about Japan and Australia? :)

cc bcc

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2001
nl
RJP31484 said:

Well, that 7 pm where I am, how's that for waiting! :( ;)

fklehman

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2005
Newark, DE
Yes, we're in that weird limbo phase now...just a few hours before the media event, all the rumor sites finally fall silent because there is nothing more about which to speculate and nothing to do but wait. I hope it will prove to have been the calm before a BIG storm. PowerBook PowerBook PowerBook

pissed-monkey

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2005
London, England
Indeed....what is the best site for info then?

I need to know before I head to the pub for the big match....

New powerbooks AND an England victory? now that would be a good evening!

iDrinkKoolAid

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2005
That sucks there is no streamed video cast. I think it also sucks that nowadays you can't watch any Stevenotes during Macworlds at Apple retail stores. I remember one day when I got to my local Orange County Apple store at 6:30 AM to watch the MWNY keynote speech. It was fun to watch the keynote with other (sometimes scary) Mac geeks. A store employee even brought doughnuts for us!

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
reflex said:
You think you have it bad? I've been waiting for 10 hours now ... and that's only Europe, what about Japan and Australia? :)

3am it kicks off down here..... wooo.....

ensee

macrumors regular
Apr 14, 2005
BBC news is confirming that part of the event is being held at their London Television center - so that would suggest a video ipod (they're saying it) then again, they're switching to a digital workflow with Final Cut so it could just be that. What I don't get is that the Beeb must know but they're summing up all the rumors anyway. I guess the story is embargoed

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4334586.stm

crdean1

macrumors 6502a
Feb 14, 2005
Texas
I'm a little upset. I usually am at the computer getting the updates, but I have a client lunch that will probably last from 12-2. Arrrrgggghhhh! I guess I will be the last to know.

Maybe I could swing my conversation at lunch to apple talk.

Ha.

Brother Michael

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2004
I'm excited. I don't really care what they release, I just want to see something new.

Yeah, I am easy to amuse.

Noiseboy

macrumors regular
Dec 25, 2002
Lurking nearby.
I've no idea why I'm so interested in this. I don't give a hoot about a video iPod and I'm not in the market for a new computer but dammit, why doesn't it hurry up :eek:

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
I'm excited and really looking forward to this event. At least it won't be long now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.