PDA

View Full Version : 10.8.2: Safari Crashes, Mail Crasches, Finder Crashes, Mac Restarts!

ndmx52
Feb 14, 2013, 08:45 AM
The title says it all and I'm not sure why my applications keep quitting. It seems to be mail, finder, and safari the most. Sometimes after a long period of 'sleep' the mac will restart itself.

Here is my set up. OSX 10.8.2 on a Late 2012 Mini 2.3GHz i7, Crucial 16GB RAM, Samsung 840 (non pro) 250GB SSD fused to the stock apple 1TB HDD. I've only had this set up for a few weeks.

Verified the disk.... everything is ok. Ran a test on the RAM and that came back fine as well.

Any ideas?

ConCat
Feb 14, 2013, 08:48 AM
Open disk utility, run a permissions repair, then run a disk repair.

ndmx52
Feb 14, 2013, 07:18 PM
That doesn't seem like it's working.

jnpy!$4g3cwk
Feb 14, 2013, 11:40 PM
Well, Safari crashes all the time for me on ML, but, I haven't had Finder crashes or random reboots. People often accuse hardware when it isn't, but, in this instance I would at least think about a hardware problem. Maybe a bad memory module, for example.

ndmx52
Feb 17, 2013, 05:02 PM
I went ahead and threw in the stock RAM and it seems to be running like warm butter. Haven't had a single crash yet ::knock on wood::

Looks like a got a bum stick or two of Crucial RAM. Anyone deal with their warranty before?

ndmx52
Feb 26, 2013, 06:57 PM
Went ahead and got some Corsair Vengeance 16GB RAM and everything is running perfectly. No longer feeling like a Windows user. Back to loving the Mac. :apple:

Haifisch
Aug 18, 2013, 11:32 PM
Safari has been crashing on me more times in the past 2 wks than in the last 5 years since I've been using Macs. I've used AdBlock and 1Password for many months and only now, it has started. Maybe I updated Java.....can't remember. Anyways, I checked permissions and my cptr detected a number of errors. I repaired them and then I verified disk. It says "it appears to be OK."

So, we'll see how this goes.

15" MBP retina, 16G, 256 SSD