Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 12, 2012
I opted for the Rocketfish clear back shell cover but it is a fingerprint magnetic amongst other things so to speak. Are there some back shell covers that don't attract as much? Or does one just apply something to it to avoid it from getting so dirty or maybe perhaps just apply a protector to it?

Would appreciate your recommendations and thanks.

Last edited:

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
There's really not much you can do. Those glossy covers attract fingerprints like crazy. The only problem is that there aren't many see though matte ones. You could go CoverBuddy but none of the matte ones are see though. Of course that might not even matter to you.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 12, 2012
There's really not much you can do. Those glossy covers attract fingerprints like crazy. The only problem is that there aren't many see though matte ones. You could go CoverBuddy but none of the matte ones are see though. Of course that might not even matter to you.

Thanks for replying. I didn't really think so but I thought to inquire anyways.

Maybe if I wear a thin glove on the hand that supports the Mini? Not! :)

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
Thanks for replying. I didn't really think so but I thought to inquire anyways.

Maybe if I wear a thin glove on the hand that supports the Mini? Not! :)

Trust me, I know how you feel. I've gone through multiple back covers, a skin and even going naked. As of now, I've decided to just go naked even though I just got a Belkin Shield for iPad mini delivered today. I probably won't even end up opening it until I decide if I'm going to keep it or not.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 12, 2012
Trust me, I know how you feel. I've gone through multiple back covers, a skin and even going naked. As of now, I've decided to just go naked even though I just got a Belkin Shield for iPad mini delivered today. I probably won't even end up opening it until I decide if I'm going to keep it or not.

Some kind of coating will not work I suppose. I been thinking about a skin but ....

Let me know how the Belkin shield is if you do open it. Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.