Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pndrgnsvc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 13, 2008
Georgetown, Texas
I don’t understand it…

When I first installed the case/cover (about 3 weeks ago) there was what I presumed the normal amount of pillowing. But now the acetate/plastic screen protector seems to have shrunk/become nearly flat; almost as if a vacuum had been drawn (which I know not to be).

Ergo, I presume (guess) the improvement is a result of temperature, humidity, UV, or out-gassing.

Is this a consequence of the wife’s cooking sherry, or have others experienced this phenomenon, and if so, to what do you attribute it?

Indeed moi is bewildered…

maliu

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2010
Yes that is normal. Any "pillowing" usually flattens out within a couple weeks of use. Enjoy.

HiddenPuppy

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2011
Thanks for info, 'tis good to know. But do you know what actually causes the pillowing to decrease?

I have heard that it takes some time for all of the air to get out, not sure if this is true, but this is what I have heard

Colev1

macrumors member
Feb 25, 2013
Canada
Lifeproof says it takes a week or so for the screen protector to fully flatten to the screen of the phone

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.