PDA

View Full Version : [iPad] Folio case to replace Smart Cover

Infinite Jest
Feb 16, 2013, 08:27 AM
I've been using a Smart Cover for around three months now on an iPad 3 in conjunction with a devicewear union shell and have found the combo growingly inadequate for my needs. I need a case that a has a few good viewing angles for use as a second screen with my laptop. Quite honestly, the iPad smartcover only has one useful angle (typing) which doesn't get me that far in this case. Does anyone have a recommendation for folio under $30 that isn't too thick but will hold up to abuse?

webslinger85
Feb 17, 2013, 12:54 PM
I can't recommend this case enough

http://www.hornettek.com/tablet-case/the-new-ipad/hornettek-voyager-hard-shell-metallic-hairline-design-folio-case-for-apple-the-new-ipad-3-cool-black.html

My main reason for not wanting a Folio was that bulky "frame" that surrounded the screen due to most Folios being slide-in types. This one is a snap-in style, and i love it

joekim1026
Feb 18, 2013, 10:17 AM
I've been using a Smart Cover for around three months now on an iPad 3 in conjunction with a devicewear union shell and have found the combo growingly inadequate for my needs. I need a case that a has a few good viewing angles for use as a second screen with my laptop. Quite honestly, the iPad smartcover only has one useful angle (typing) which doesn't get me that far in this case. Does anyone have a recommendation for folio under $30 that isn't too thick but will hold up to abuse?

If you don't want to spend a lot of money, I would recommend the smarterstand over at smarterflo.com.

I got this when it was on kickstarter and I use it with my Smart Cover and devicewear union. It gives me about 2-3 more viewing angles and it is strong and sturdy. That's the cheapest solution, if not, I second the guy above me!