Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lily58

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 16, 2013
Hi all, can someone tell me when a Viber text message is not delivered does it just display sent next to it? On other texts I've sent it says delivered once they have opened it. But a recent one from Australia to London doesn't look like it got there? Is this common? Same recipient with both texts so it should have got there.
Thanks! :)

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
Hi there,
This is a member of the Viber Team. I'm here to help. :)

When you send a message, "Delivered" means the message has been received on the other side's phone (they're online). If you only see "Sent", it means it's been sent from you, but pending the other side to come online (they're offline at the moment). So, if messages remain at "Sent" and do not become "Delivered", you might want to check with your destination contact whether or not they are connected to the internet.

In the future we might add an "Online" status message, but we still don't know when this will happen.

Let us know if you have any additional questions. :)

Thanks,
Viber Team

LeeTommy

macrumors member
Nov 2, 2012
I sent a message, but my friend are not online. When they are online, they will see time I sent or time they got message?

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
I sent a message, but my friend are not online. When they are online, they will see time I sent or time they got message?

The time that will appear is the time when the message was originally sent.

konan

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2014
Hi there, i had uninstalled application for few days. I reinstall it and log in... but i should recive some msgs from those days. I dind recive msgs. How cant i get this msgs ?

melodyjohn316

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2014
Viber - We LOVE you, but need some help please!

Hello!

My fiance and I are on different continents at present. We LOVE Viber and use it all day and night every day to talk, message, send voice messages, and share photos. It is a BRILLIANT app!

Sadly, he had purchased a non-Samsung phone and it was terrible....spotty reception, oftentimes we could not get Viber to work. So, he went and purchased a new Samsung Galaxy Ace (he is in the UK.) His provider, 3, recently did an overhaul on their service and we have had non-stop issues ever since!

I will send him a message or photo and it will eventually display a "sent" message, but it does not pop up on his phone every time. At times, he needs to physically open the app (though he ALREADY shows "online" status on my end) to see any messages or photos.

Can a message have a "delivered" status, but not be "truly" delivered because of data issues on the receiving end?

Also, if messages will go through, why are we still unable to make phone calls through Viber? Sadly, we have not been able to get enough connectivity to make phone calls for the past several weeks.

Thank you in advance for any help that you can give us!

Cheers.

azizafshari

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2014
Hi,
I have a different problem. I cannot post to a group. I am a member of that group and previously did not have any problem posting to same group. Some of my post are displayed in wrong place, for example before few last other posts. It seems crazy!
Can anybody help?

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
Hi,

Thank you for reporting this. Please contact our support team here: http://support.viber.com/customer/portal/emails/new so we can look into this.

Hi,
I have a different problem. I cannot post to a group. I am a member of that group and previously did not have any problem posting to same group. Some of my post are displayed in wrong place, for example before few last other posts. It seems crazy!
Can anybody help?

astme92

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2014
Problems with access code

Our iPhone 5 works great with Viber. However, I just downloaded the Viber app on my Macbook Pro (mid-2010 using OSX 10.8.5) and when prompted to send a message to my phone to activate my Mac Viber app, nothing happens. No code is received. I have tried many times. Ideas?

syglmb

macrumors newbie
Aug 25, 2015
Hi i sent a message to my wife it is sent but not delievered .. her viber status is offline .. but she says she did not shut down her phone and she was still connected to internet. She said her phone was in screen timeout . So does our message not get delivered when phone is in sleep mode or exit from viber.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.