Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cabal2000

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 17, 2013
Good day People/
Looking to purchase a Appletv version 2. The only place that I can find them is on eBay but they are EXTREMELY expensive for what they are really worth. Anyone know a good seller or private sale that I can get one? I live in Newfoundland and unfortunate I am very limited to purchasing resources.

Much THX

Spink10

Suspended
Nov 3, 2011
Oklahoma
Good day People/
Looking to purchase a Appletv version 2. The only place that I can find them is on eBay but they are EXTREMELY expensive for what they are really worth. Anyone know a good seller or private sale that I can get one? I live in Newfoundland and unfortunate I am very limited to purchasing resources.

Much THX

Though eBay prices are always high - they are easily worth more than retail. Unless you can score one from a forum or locally - eBay is your best bet.

Designed4Mac

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2013
I Wish I Knew
Good day People/

Much THX

You'll be lucky. anyone who has goy one for sale will want stupid money for it purely because the ATV 3 cant be jailbroken. (YET) When/if a jailbreak is ever released for ATV3 they wont be worth anything.

cabal2000

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 17, 2013
You'll be lucky. anyone who has goy one for sale will want stupid money for it purely because the ATV 3 cant be jailbroken. (YET) When/if a jailbreak is ever released for ATV3 they wont be worth anything.

So should I just purchase atv3 and wait? Is there a good reliable site for Appletv jailbreaks?

WoodNUFC

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2009
A Library
So should I just purchase atv3 and wait? Is there a good reliable site for Appletv jailbreaks?

We've been waiting for nearly a year for the ATV3 to be jailbroken. To be honest, I'm not holding my breathe.

Unfortunately, if you need an ATV that is jailbroken, then you have to pay the premium.

Designed4Mac

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2013
I Wish I Knew
We've been waiting for nearly a year for the ATV3 to be jailbroken. To be honest, I'm not holding my breathe.

Unfortunately, if you need an ATV that is jailbroken, then you have to pay the premium.

As stated by WoodNUFC the ATV3 Jailbreak has been a long time coming and i dont think anyone knows for sure if one will ever be released. Thats not to say that it NEVER will be.
If your that desperate for a jailbroken ATV then you'll have to pay the ridiculous price that people are asking.
If you live in hope like the rest of us then then you'll just have to play the waiting game. (look how long the latest ios jailbreak has taken to be released)

E.Lizardo

macrumors 68000
May 28, 2008
Good day People/

Much THX

I love my ATV3 but I also have a Roku HD.It can do most of the things you would jailbreak an ATV for(like PLEX),so,even though its less convenient to have two boxen instead of one,you might look into it and see if it works for you.Plus the Roku comes with an RF motion control Wii style remote and Angry Birds:D

At the Roku site you can check out their list of hundreds of channels,and a Google search will yield an extensive list of "unofficial"channels.Honestly most of the channels are junk,but there are plenty of good ones too,kind of like the app store;)

Heck,you can also get a Raspberry Pi for $35 US and install XBMC on it for just a few bucks for peripherals.Google Raspberry Pi if you aren't familiar with it,it's awesome.

Of course I'm hoping the rumored update for the ATV will make all this unnecessary!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.