Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

darthmaynard

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 15, 2008
CT
Hi All,

I have a guitar studio where students will come in wanting to learn their favorite song and have it on any number of devices. I want to be able to send their signal to the stereo so we can hear it on the big speakers. I've used the RCA to headphone adapter but I'm looking to go wireless. Sometimes they don't bring the song at all and we go to youtube and find it their. I've done some searches recently on newegg and phone there are a couple of devices that cater to different versions of bluetooth.

If it meant getting a dongle for my MBP and another bluetooth/RCA receiver, I don't mind so long as I can get rid of the wires.

Any advice/input appreciated, thanks.

Tim

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
If you have $99 then buy an Apple TV. Anything on your Mac or IOS device can be mirrored to the TV. Just skip the video siganl and only connect the audio. If there is an ATV on your network thenall your Apple devices will have an icon that allows you to "mirror" to the ATV.

darthmaynard

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 15, 2008
CT
ChrisA,

Thanks for your reply, but I already went the route of an airport express thinking it would handle the audio from my MBP. Sure, it's fine for iTunes but worthless for anything else (Safari, Garageband or anything else:confused:)

Not to mention, there are those that are running android that wouldn't be able to be able to access the atv.

With stuff like the jambox, there's got to be something that has RCAs on it.

Uofmtiger

macrumors 68020
Dec 11, 2010
Memphis
I have never used it with my Mac, but there are Bluetooth receivers that have RCA outs (I have one from Logitech that was around $39). The are other choices if you want digital outs ( I think Phillips makes it). I think sound quality is better over Airplay, though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.