PDA

View Full Version : The many faces of Steve Jobs

MacBytes
Oct 12, 2005, 09:00 PM
http://www.macbytes.com/images/bytessig.gif (http://www.macbytes.com)

Category: Photos
Link: The many faces of Steve Jobs (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20051012220051)

Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)
Approved by Mudbug

winmacguy
Oct 12, 2005, 09:10 PM
interesting distortions but not a lot in terms of "actually" being creative :rolleyes:

nagromme
Oct 12, 2005, 09:54 PM
Not creative so much as fun :)

I haven't seen the video--does Photo Booth apply those effects live to the moving image from the camera? Or only after the still shot is made?

njmac
Oct 12, 2005, 09:59 PM
It does it live, then when the picture is taken the screen flashes white and you have your still. Steve was having a great time doing a demo of this app.

nagromme
Oct 12, 2005, 10:01 PM
Cool, that does sound like a fun toy, then :)

And a nifty mindless demo for PC friends, too.

Hope they release Photo Book for all iSight users. Either free, or with iLife 06.

winmacguy
Oct 12, 2005, 10:09 PM
It does it live, then when the picture is taken the screen flashes white and you have your still. Steve was having a great time doing a demo of this app.
I didnt realise that :eek: cool :cool: :)

kiwi-in-uk
Oct 12, 2005, 10:56 PM
Cool, that does sound like a fun toy, then :)
Hope they release Photo Book for all iSight users. Either free, or with iLife 06.
Sounds like Photobook & Frontrow might be the upgrade incentives for iLife 06.

mduser63
Oct 13, 2005, 12:43 AM
Sounds like Photobook & Frontrow might be the upgrade incentives for iLife 06.

I'm kind of thinking the same thing. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they add them to iLife '06. Front Row would be a perfect fit for iLife. Making it an iMac exclusive will help sell iMacs now, while adding it to iLife in '06 will sell copies of iLife to people who don't have the new iMac.

bryanc
Oct 13, 2005, 01:01 AM
Can you imagine Bill Gates or Steve Ballmer doing something like that. Despite his infamously hot temper, Steve Jobs clearly has a sense of humor, and can make fun of himself.

Cheers

Nermal
Oct 13, 2005, 01:03 AM
I didnt realise that :eek: cool :cool: :)

What, you thought he was doing it just so the audience could have a laugh? :p

My favourite bit of the presentation was the remote comparison :D

24C
Oct 13, 2005, 01:35 AM
My favourite bit of the presentation was the remote comparison :D
Same here, it got a LOL from the audience too. It actually makes a lot of sense from a user point of view to simplify like this, but does assume you want to look at the screen in the first place :rolleyes: There will be times when having a dedicated button might be useful, for example an 'off' or sleep button and I don't know whether the Apple remote can do this.

fayans
Oct 13, 2005, 01:48 AM
I love Steve Jobs; he is such a genius using his own face for Photo Booth presentation. As he always be :D

840quadra
Oct 13, 2005, 02:13 AM
Hey Apple,

Next time don't invite CNN, let me go. I can write a MUCH more creative and interesting article to read.

What a waste!

P.S. Next time turn the flash off, and better yet, capture screenshots from the Quicktime video stream, they would look better :)

http://forums.macrumors.com/image.php?u=47064&type=profile&dateline=1127904880

redAPPLE
Oct 13, 2005, 08:37 AM
SJ just had to do that "God" effect hmm?

wdlove
Oct 13, 2005, 10:40 AM
That was very cool. Brings a smile to the face.

Lacero
Oct 13, 2005, 10:42 AM
Now we just need some 'parting of the clouds' operatic music to go along with the pics. :D

MacFan782040
Oct 13, 2005, 06:56 PM
He also got a few laughs from the audience when he said the new iPod comes with a case "to keep it all perfect"....obviously refering to the nano scratch issue.

solvs
Oct 13, 2005, 07:30 PM
What do you expect, Steve is a true artist and a true showman.

Mike Teezie
Oct 13, 2005, 08:49 PM
He also got a few laughs from the audience when he said the new iPod comes with a case "to keep it all perfect"....obviously refering to the nano scratch issue.

Yeah, that one got a laugh out of me.

I'll admit, I was grinning like an idiot the whole time Steve was demoing Photobooth.

Lau
Oct 14, 2005, 06:21 AM
iGary, you can have a 'freaky Steve' week on your avatar!*

The attached one looks exactly like the illustration of the strange little man at the bottom of the garden who gave James the glowing worms in "James and the Giant Peach" in the book I had. :)

*edit: oh, you have... :o

shamino
Oct 14, 2005, 03:13 PM
Well, I guess that proves that the iMac's X600 video chip is CoreImage compatible ;)

Jonx
Oct 14, 2005, 03:40 PM
lol it was hilarious, watching the video while he was doing that :p

He is so cute lol :p

MazaGRANDEman
Oct 14, 2005, 03:59 PM
What do you expect, Steve is a true artist and a true showman.

He truly is... It's always a pleasure to see him do what he does best. Can't wait for the next wednesday to see when he gets on the stage in NYC!