Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vanline

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 28, 2009
Won an MBA in an auction, model number a1370. Unfortunately the LCD is busted up pretty badly, when I hooked it up to an external monitor it boots up but and shows a home screen I can move the pointer but I can access anything.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    231.9 KB · Views: 246

skinny*k

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2011
California
It looks like your MBA is set for the damaged screen to be the main screen, and that's where the menu bar is. If you press F7, your MBA should go into mirror mode making your external monitor "mirror" the MBA's. If that works, you can open the "Displays" control panel in system preferences and set the external monitor to be the main screen, and make the necessary adjustments to suit the monitor.

Good luck. :D

troy14

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2008
Las Vegas (Summerlin), NV
Won an MBA in an auction, model number a1370. Unfortunately the LCD is busted up pretty badly, when I hooked it up to an external monitor it boots up but and shows a home screen I can move the pointer but I can access anything.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Did you buy it knowing the LCD was broken?? Return it!

If you did, why buy a MBA to use as a desktop? You probably could've picked up an older Mac Mini for the same/cheaper??

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.