Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Frisco

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 24, 2002
Utopia
Unbelievable!

Like today's announcenments or not he is an amazing man! Steve is God!

I am not all that impressed by today's annoucements, but his presentation, the new iPod commercials is great for Apple.

I used to be a Windows whore :( I now understand the Mac fantanticsim. I love technology thanks to Apple. If Apple ever ceased to be I would lose all interest.

Steve is great, He is God! I know not literally (I am not a paranoid schizo), but he is unbelievable.

What a genius! This type of person is extremely rare. I don't agree with everything he does, but who am I compared to him.

There is something so charismatic about him--I can't describe it.

Steve is good, Bill is bad (even though Bill is richer)? They're both business men, but Steve has something I can't describe. Outside of wealthiest/successfulness Steve and Bill don't even belong in the same league. When was the last time Bill inspired anyone?

Steve, you have an uncanny hold over us--please tell us what it is?

He is an engima. He is Apple. He is a religion.

Grey Beard

macrumors 65816
Sep 10, 2005
The Antipodes.
Frisco said:
Unbelievable!Like today's announcenments or not he is an amazing man! Steve is God!

I used to be a Windows whore :( I now understand the Mac fantanticsim. I love technology thanks to Apple. If Apple ever ceased to be I would lose all interest.There is something so charismatic about him--I can't describe it.

Steve is good, Bill is bad (even though Bill is richer)? They're both business men, but Steve has something I can't describe. Outside if wealthiest/successfulness Steve and Bill don't even belong in the same league. When was the last time Bill inspired anyone?

He is an engima. He is Apple. He is a religion.
I'm fully with all your stated comments and yes, I was an IBM ingrate. Still use it when I'm smoking and drinking coffee.

After today's effort, I love The Man even more. For some reason I held off on emptying the cookie jar stash and getting the 'old' 20" iMac. Now as soon as they hit our fair shores I'll be first in line and getting the latest and greatest.

Grey Beard,
Religions die when they are proved to be true.
Science is the record of dead religions.

leekohler

macrumors G5
Dec 22, 2004
Chicago, Illinois
I'll go there with you! Apple and Steve Jobs are the reason I got interested in graphic design/advertising in the first place. I have credited him and Apple with my success over and over. Apple is the reason I'm not a vomiting alcoholic/drug addict in a gutter somewhere. He/they gave me something to be passionate about and for that I am eternally grateful.

aquajet

macrumors 68020
Feb 12, 2005
VA
Well I wouldn't quite call Steve a God. But he is still pretty cool, probably the best thing that ever happened to Apple was his return. I often wonder what will happen when he decides to retire or if he dies in office. :(

qzak

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2005
Frisco said:
When was the last time Bill inspired anyone?

let's see - Bill Gates created a company and put his main product into the majority of households in the world, in turn becoming a VERY sucessful business man and the world's richest man.

i'm not saying Steve doesn't have great vision and has inspired people himself, obviously he has, and of course we all think he has a great vision. i'm just saying lets be fair here, while Steve has inspired me, Bill has and continues to inspire plenty of people, including me also.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.