Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacTruck

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 27, 2005
One Endless Loop
Dual core dual core dual core. That is all I have heard about but they have yet to materialize in macs. I have heard they exist but why are they not available? What is the problem? Lower power G4's with 200mhz bus, lower power G5s, dual core G4s and G5s, this has been talked about for like a year but nothing. I don't get it. What is the hold up?

Well I think its too late now. These chips are going to go down in history as a fairy tale. They will never be released in macs with the intel swithc soo close. We are talking like 6 to 9 months from now having a whole new architecture and OS. I don't know what apple plans in that timeframe but if these do come out in a month or two I won't buy one. Today was my last chance to get one of these but I am tired of holding my credit card in hand on apple announcements. Now I am just going to wait for the Intel macs.

Apple! What gives?

ReanimationLP

macrumors 68030
Jan 8, 2005
On the moon.
Dual Core G5 does exist.

I'm sure IBM is pumpin em out like crazy.

I know Freescale has still not introed the e600 processor. (Dual Core PowerPC G4)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.