Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dortega479

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 15, 2013
Hi guys, I just got some usb cables from amazon, and now I realize that they are fake, its was my mistake y really dont know how expensive an orginial apple product could be :(... Now I dont know if i should use my fake usb cables (they work fine) or to buy and orginal usb cable.. Does my iphone could be at any risk with this fake usb cables??.. or they are safe to use?:confused::confused:

clyde2801

macrumors 601
I've been using them for a couple of months now with no problems. The knock offs (cables as well as adapters) will charge and transfer data, but won't allow you to play music or video on accessories.

A couple of iDevice toting friends with ties to 3rd party manufacturers and importers from asia have told me that ebay adapters and cables are mostly safe as long as I don't buy the cheapest products listed. They explicitly warned me to stay clear of any 3rd party power adapters, which are more likely to fry my gear.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.