PDA

View Full Version : MBA Triple Head

Theophany
Feb 18, 2013, 02:57 PM
Quick one - apologies if this has been asked before but I'm struggling to find it through searches.

I'm looking into a multi-monitor setup for my MBA 13". It is powered by a HD 4000 graphics chip. Theoretically, what is the maximum extended resolution this could support in clamshell mode?

Ideally, I'd be looking to power 3 monitors at around 1920x1080 using a Triple Head DisplayPort adapter of some sort, but there doesn't appear to be a great deal of information that comes across as being reliable considering the initial outlay required!

Any pointers from those in the know, or those who have done similar would be greatly appreciated - cheers!

robvas
Feb 18, 2013, 03:25 PM
Quick one - apologies if this has been asked before but I'm struggling to find it through searches.

I'm looking into a multi-monitor setup for my MBA 13". It is powered by a HD 4000 graphics chip. Theoretically, what is the maximum extended resolution this could support in clamshell mode?

Ideally, I'd be looking to power 3 monitors at around 1920x1080 using a Triple Head DisplayPort adapter of some sort, but there doesn't appear to be a great deal of information that comes across as being reliable considering the initial outlay required!

Any pointers from those in the know, or those who have done similar would be greatly appreciated - cheers!

You would only be able to run 21920x1080 monitors using a Matrox DualHead2Go - they make a triple device but you can only use a max of 1366x768 monitors.

As for the third monitor, you could use a video over USB solution - they are not good for video or games but they get the job done.