Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xli_ne

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 3, 2005
Center of the Nation
Link

This has got to be the worse one yet. All the others, like the Virgin Mary, could have happened, but this one seems a lil odd. Seems to be almost a perfect image.

strider42

macrumors 65816
Feb 1, 2002
xli_ne said:
Link

This has got to be the worse one yet. All the others, like the Virgin Mary, could have happened, but this one seems a lil odd. Seems to be almost a perfect image.

this kind of thing is actually pretty easy to fake. I saw a show a long time ago about a guy who did "toast art". He'd cut tinfoil into an image and wrap it around the toast, and it would then toast the image onto the bread. I bet you could do the same thing with a pancake.

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
I just fail to see where people get off pulling stunts like this. Yeah honey, your pancake just happened to burn that clear, sharp cross into the pancake. Umm, yeah. Uh huh.

And they have that college professor on TV saying it's a coincidence that it burned that way. Riiiiiight.

Haven't any of these people heard of Occam's Razor? Let's see, which is the most likely cause from a statistical/scientific standpoint:

1. Divine Intervention

2. Coincidental Burning

3. Fraud

Hmmmm, lets see. :rolleyes:

This is simply not newsworthy.

GFLPraxis

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
Am I the only one that sees that as a picture of the pope hitting himself on the head with a cross? :p

thedude110

macrumors 68020
Jun 13, 2005
Man. I haven't had lunch yet and that Pope pancake is looking pretty good.

If this WERE divine intervention, I'd have to imagine there would be Pope pancakes, like, magically appearing all over New Orleans and Pakistan right now ...

But what I'm really thinking, I mean, is "where's the pancake with a picture of me?"

Don't panic

macrumors 603
Jan 30, 2004
having a drink at Milliways
as said above, it's easy to make:
cut a shape in tin foil, prepare the pancake a little undercooked on one side and than flip it over the shape and push with a spatula.

the easiest to make are smilies, hearts, stars, xmas trees. also works well with halloween-themed ones (pumpkins, bats, ghosts).

if your kid is a pain to feed in the morning, this works :)

I haven't experimented with complex "designs", but i think you can probably get pretty good 'two-tones', and any pattern that is pumpkin-carveable should be good.

do you think one with darwin's face would do well on e-bay?

edit:
thedude110 said:
But what I'm really thinking, I mean, is "where's the pancake with a picture of me?"
get a well-contrasted picture of yourself, scan it, photoshop it to black/white, maximum contrast, print it, cut it out, copy it to reynolds wrap, cut it out, burn it on the pancake, post in on MR ;)

Don't panic

macrumors 603
Jan 30, 2004
I re-read the article and I must revise my position: i now think it's a genuine miracle:
article said:
The Kincaids in Jackson don't really know why the picture appeared. But, three weeks to the day after the Father's Day revelation, they were blessed. Myrna had a baby boy who they decided to name John. And, John, they say, never cries.

three-weeks only? that beats the original virgin mary hands down!
too bad for the baby's speech impediment...

Moxiemike

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA
Don't panic said:
as said above, it's easy to make:
cut a shape in tin foil, prepare the pancake a little undercooked on one side and than flip it over the shape and push with a spatula.

the easiest to make are smilies, hearts, stars, xmas trees. also works well with halloween-themed ones (pumpkins, bats, ghosts).

if your kid is a pain to feed in the morning, this works :)

I haven't experimented with complex "designs", but i think you can probably get pretty good 'two-tones', and any pattern that is pumpkin-carveable should be good.

do you think one with darwin's face would do well on e-bay?

edit:
get a well-contrasted picture of yourself, scan it, photoshop it to black/white, maximum contrast, print it, cut it out, copy it to reynolds wrap, cut it out, burn it on the pancake, post in on MR ;)

I can see apple integrating "sacred pancake" mode into PhotoBooth. ;)

But your directions forgot one step:

After burning the religious image into the pancake, got to http://www.ebay.com and list your pancake.

Religious nuts. Crazy folk they be

m

m-dogg

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2004
Connecticut
MongoTheGeek said:
the thing is that the burn sport look to be in the shape of 1cm circles which make me think that they burned it on after cooking with a torch, with or without a mask.

Maybe we should make a post yourself as a pancake thread.

LOL - Maybe that will be my 'tar when I hit 500 posts....

joepunk

macrumors 68030
Aug 5, 2004
a profane existence
FoxyKaye said:
Yesterday my cat sneezed, and when his snot hit the wall it looked like Jesus. Darnit, I should have scraped it off and put it up on eBay.
Eww and gross. I'll never be-able to look at cats the same way again :eek:

Bern

macrumors 68000
Nov 10, 2004
Australia
I guess with a pancake like that there's no need to say grace before eating it, the darn thing seems to be doing that on it's own.

She'd be nervous it was a picture of the Last Supper on that thing :rolleyes:

Don't panic

macrumors 603
Jan 30, 2004
what to do now?

OMG!
i totally forgot about this thread, woke up this morning, cooked myself some pancakes and look at what came up!

what should I do? I didn't know jesus wore a hat!
should I send it to foxnews? bring it to my local church?

Attachments

• miraclepancake.jpg
    miraclepancake.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 591
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.