Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jchase2057

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 6, 2010
Detroit
Most mac users use macs for business and productivity. I'm talking to the developers, designers, film makers, photographers, etc. Some of us can do our tasks on windows or linux but we choose os x because it allows us to be more productive. I run windows most of the time but I do webdesign, app development and remote support on the side. For me remoting into a machine using my macbook is spectacular. When remoting into a machine I get resolution issues since I am always windowed. Brosix plus the fantastic trackpad is the perfect combination. And as far as design goes, we all know os x is much more enjoyable to work in. With that said I would say my mac pays for itself every 2 months or so. Doing side work I bring in 1000-2000 every 2 months. Not a ton of money but definitely worth the purchase. I am sure a lot of you use os x full time and make quite a bit more. How many times over would you say your mac has paid for itself?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.