Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

matisse

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 12, 2005
yup... all stores in the NY Metropolitan area and Boston are completely sold out.
What does this mean??? New ones next week!

bsmr

macrumors 65816
Oct 4, 2005
Germany
matisse said:
yup... all stores in the NY Metropolitan area and Boston are completely sold out.

Really??? Wow that could be a good sign.... :confused: What about other shops, countries? Anyone with similar experiences...??

Mac_Freak

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2005
buddyspencer said:
Really??? Wow that could be a good sign.... :confused: What about other shops, countries? Anyone with similar experiences...??

Lets hope you are right and we get new Power line product next week. :)

iPhil

macrumors 68040
powerbook status

buddyspencer said:

i just checked the compusa site for the stores near me..

17" 1.67ghz powerbook model: 4 of 5 stores still have in-stock

15" 1.67ghz powerbook model: 3 of 5 stores are out of stock

12" 1.5ghz powerbook model: 3 of 5 stores are out of stock

So it sounds like soon there will b a powerbook update and I dont know what 'type' of goodies in next revision :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I dont like running the mill ;) ;) ... so there :p :p

iphil

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
While I'd love a PB update, I long for the days of the organized, well-planned, and fairly predictable update pattern. This hodgepodge of "One more things" and "well, it is a Tuesday after all, so let's announce" is bothersome. How do I know when to upgrade?

If I know MWSF in January is over and there were no upgrades, so no new things will be out until AWDC in May/June, I'm happy. Now I have to be on this "what about next week" waiting game. Eventually it will come true, and I don't want to be the one buying the pre-dual core PB 11 days before the new ones.

jamdr

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2003
Bay Area
Maybe we'll even see updates tomorrow? If not, I definitely expect them on Monday, or wednesday at the latest.

iPhil

macrumors 68040
emw said:
While I'd love a PB update, I long for the days of the organized, well-planned, and fairly predictable update pattern. This hodgepodge of "One more things" and "well, it is a Tuesday after all, so let's announce" is bothersome. How do I know when to upgrade?

If I know MWSF in January is over and there were no upgrades, so no new things will be out until AWDC in May/June, I'm happy. Now I have to be on this "what about next week" waiting game. Eventually it will come true, and I don't want to be the one buying the pre-dual core PB 11 days before the new ones.

So true, emw .. if people once buy their new "Macs" they should 'stay away' for a while so they dont get soo upset by the new Macs just released like yesterday :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

iphil

tekmoe

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2005
i was thinking about calling both apple stores here in dallas to inquire about buying a 17" powerbook just to see if they have any in stock...

Lucky8

macrumors regular
May 18, 2005
Called 2 local Apple retail stores in Jersey, all model Powerbooks available including 12", 15" and 17" 1.5 and 1.67GHz superdrive and combodrive.
Called local CrapUSA and let me tell you, nobody knows what they doing over there. Got transfered to the same lady (customer service rep) 3 times before I got on hold to a salesman that can check stock for me. Anyway, he said they're all available except the 12" and 15" superdrive. But they have them in combodrive.

plinden

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
Bay area CompUSAs:

15" 1.67 GHz - out of stock 4/5 stores
15" 1.5 GH - out of stock 3/5 stores
12" super - out of stock 5/5 stores
12" combo - out of stock 5/5 stores
17" - out of stock 3/5 stores

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
I realized after reading this thread again that we've been reduced to relying on CompUSA as an indicator of PB updates. Lord help us all.

Mr Maui

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2002
matisse said:
Oh ye of little faith. And you thought the holiday season rom Apple was over? Q1 '06 will rock. Next year $2 Billion in profits. :D

Mr Maui

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2002
emw said:
I realized after reading this thread again that we've been reduced to relying on CompUSA as an indicator of PB updates. Lord help us all.
What else is there to do for those in desperate WANT of upgrades (that most of those complaining probably won't buy now anyway for lack of funds, just bought a new one, etc.). Scary, but although the iBooks of today are better than the Powerbooks of last year, so many are still complaining about how nothing is good enough. Sad. :(

plinden

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
By the way, all the Bay Area CompUSAs are also out of stock on all PowerMacs and Mac Minis (except for the 1.25GHz Mini which is "Coming Soon!"), whatever that means.

Anyway, I'm inclined to agree that CompUSA don't really know what they're doing. The last time I was in the local store (about 4 weeks ago) their main PowerMac display machine was a SP 1.8GHz with 256MB RAM. The minis were the first version with 256MB.

At least they had rev B iMacs on display, and had replaced the 15" PB with the six missing keys that had been there for months.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.