Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sentinelsx

macrumors 68010
Original poster
Feb 28, 2011
Ok so i know that i need to pay $25 to Apple to allow me to use iCloud with my non-itunes purchased music that doesn't have a match. And i don't want to do that.

How does google music work?

How i want these clouds to work is: i set up my music on PC to auto sync to the "cloud" and same with the mobile device, and then not only just stream, but download it locally on any device as well.

Does google music do that? thanks.

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
Ok so i know that i need to pay $25 to Apple to allow me to use iCloud with my non-itunes purchased music that doesn't have a match. And i don't want to do that.

How does google music work?

How i want these clouds to work is: i set up my music on PC to auto sync to the "cloud" and same with the mobile device, and then not only just stream, but download it locally on any device as well.

Yes - you download the music manager app to your computer and set a folder to sync with it. I do this with my iTunes folder and have that folder set to sync with iTunes....

Essentially, my entire library and everything I purchase from here on out through iTunes is automatically added to that folder and then to both Google Play Music Cloud and iTunes match.

It's a wonderful process! Well worth the $25 a year on Apple's side, though i'm not complaining about it being free on the Google side.

ChazUK

macrumors 603
Feb 3, 2008
Essex (UK)

Any other computer you install the Google Music app on can download the entire library.
img0038.png

In turn, any Android device you use your music on can pin the albums/songs you select which will download the tracks to your device.
screennzn.png

You can also download songs/albums from the web interface but I believe this is restricted to 2 times (to stop people sharing their account and downloading songs at will I assume)
bbdl.png

sentinelsx

macrumors 68010
Original poster
Feb 28, 2011
I see. Thanks both of the posters. Will get that program setup over the weekend.

TG1

macrumors 6502a
Feb 21, 2011
Can you download individual songs to your mobile or only entire play lists or artists?

marc11

macrumors 68000
Mar 30, 2011
NY USA
Are you sure? The only time I saw the 'pin to device' was in the playlist or album view.

Am I missing it somewhere?

Hmm now you are making me doubt myself, I will check later, but I am using it on my Nexus 7 so not sure if the options are different. I will check and confirm, but I was pretty sure I saw those options....could be wrong, it happens often my wife tells me.

jamojamo

macrumors 6502
Feb 12, 2010
Hmm now you are making me doubt myself, I will check later, but I am using it on my Nexus 7 so not sure if the options are different. I will check and confirm, but I was pretty sure I saw those options....could be wrong, it happens often my wife tells me.

Hey, I could be wrong too, it's been known to happen as my wife has reminded me many times!

AmtrakRider

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2011
you can download individual tracks when looking at the song list touch the small arrow well more like a triangle you can select download from there.

TG1

macrumors 6502a
Feb 21, 2011
you can download individual tracks when looking at the song list touch the small arrow well more like a triangle you can select download from there.
I don't have this option. Queuing the song doesn't download it locally.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361543516063.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361543516063.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 91
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.