Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BoxerBoy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 22, 2011
England
On my early 2011 MBP I have software updates set to download automatically, and notify me when they are available to install.

This does't happen, I have to check, when I remember! to see if updates are available.

Any ideas what's wrong.

nyolc8

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2012
I have it set to notify me if an update is available (I'm using ML since summer), and it's notified updates for me on last week for the first time ever (itunes and java update). So it is like facebook notifications... sometimes works, sometimes not :rolleyes:

FoxFifth

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2012
I have it set to notify me if an update is available (I'm using ML since summer), and it's notified updates for me on last week for the first time ever (itunes and java update). So it is like facebook notifications... sometimes works, sometimes not :rolleyes:

That has been my experience as well. I did not get the notification about the itunes and java update and that has been my typical experience even though I have received one or two notifications since I first got my MacBook Air last August. Usually I find out about updates from other sources or manually check for an update. Not sure if I waited whether it would eventually notify me but some have been out for a week or so before I hear about them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.