Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Samtb

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 6, 2013
At the moment, I find myself doing most things through safari on ipad. I like reading magazines and articles, watching you tube, drawing on my ipad. I think I only use apps for the drawings. Everything else I find I do through safari or iBooks. Whats your experience? Can anyone recommend any particularly good apps?

jojoba

macrumors 68000
Dec 9, 2011
For reading newspapers and magazines, I use FeedlerPro in combination with Readability, and to a lesser extent, Instapaper. Another reader I kind of like is Reader X, but it's still in its early days so a bit buggy.

For drawing, you could check out Papers, Noteshelf and 123D Sculpt.

In general, it just comes down to what you use it for. Among other things, I read lots of pdfs (iAnnotate, GoodReader), listen to podcasts (Downcast), listen to local radio, use Twitter (TweetBot), blog (WordPress), take notes (Evernote, Notability, 7NotesHD), do outlines/ mind maps (iThoughtsHD and Cloud Outliner), record meetings (Voice Memos) and mediate (Insight Timer).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.