Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jojoba

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 9, 2011
I've had my iPad 3gen since last April. I feel it's starting to drain a bit faster now than it used to do. Any tips for increasing battery life? I use it heavily every day and I want to make sure I keep getting a full day's work out of it. I usually keep brightness as about 30%.

musicpenguy

macrumors 68000
Oct 29, 2006
it is mostly screen related - the brighter the screen the faster the battery will drain - there are many other factors but that is the greatest one I believe

erichess22

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2013
The screen is number 1. Other things you can cut down on are any apps that are fetching data instantly, turn Bluetooth off if you aren't using it, turn wifi off if you aren't using it, put push notifications for email to timed, and make sure that you are multitasking the least amount of apps possible.

glenthompson

macrumors demi-god
Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
To make the battery last a long life, try not to discharge it completely before recharging it. Full discharge/charge cycles can reduce life.

jojoba

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 9, 2011
Thanks, everyone! I'm pretty much doing everything you suggested already, so I'll just keep going with that - good to know I haven't missed anything essential.

benlinus121

macrumors newbie
Feb 20, 2013
To make the battery last a long life, try not to discharge it completely before recharging it. Full discharge/charge cycles can reduce life.

jojoba

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 9, 2011
Can it still last you through the day? If so, I don't really see a cause for concern. :)

Agree. Yes, these days it does. When I posted the OP I had a few days when it seemed to be running out in early evening and I was getting worried. I'm not sure what I was doing then that I'm not doing now, but lately it hasn't been an issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.