PDA

View Full Version : the clickwheel could be better

RoxStrongo
Oct 14, 2005, 11:37 AM
iv just thought of this right now as i took my ipod out of its case to pause the music. why is the play button at the bottom of the clickwheel? it means i av to take it almost all out of the case. do you think it would make more more sense to have the play button at the top and the menu button at the bottom?

maya
Oct 14, 2005, 11:45 AM
iv just thought of this right now as i took my ipod out of its case to pause the music. why is the play button at the bottom of the clickwheel? it means i av to take it almost all out of the case. do you think it would make more more sense to have the play button at the top and the menu button at the bottom?

The click-wheel will be replaced with something similar to the Apple Remote that comes with the iMac G5.

If you notice the click-wheel is good, however at times I find that it can be either too responsive or not when navigating on screen.

An up and down button might be next, plus it will boost battery life by doing so. :)

The Apple Remote is a preview of what will come of the iPod line. As the screen is bigger and might need to get even bigger and wider, the need will come that the controls be rethought. :)

QuarterSwede
Oct 14, 2005, 12:48 PM
The Apple Remote is not going to replace the click-wheel. The 1st gen iPod has basically the same setup as the iPod remote, why would they move backwards?