PDA

View Full Version : Nano Tubes - finally!

Atlasland
Oct 14, 2005, 01:24 PM
Ok, so I finally got delivery of my nano tubes today.

First, its a bit of a squueze to get the nano inside - but once its in, it fits nicely.

However there is no protection for the screen. seeing as how this is the part most prone to scratches, this seems a little silly.

So I cut the pieces of plastic that came stuck onto my nano, and used that to cover the nano screen. But that leaves air bubbles - not ideal. Anyone know of any sticky plastic, that wont leave much of a mark when u remove it, and which will fit nicely?

Also, what do the nano tubes look tike on a black ipod nano - must be a bit strange, what with all those light coloured tubes and the very dark ipod itself. even the "clear" nano tube is basically white.

iGary
Oct 14, 2005, 01:37 PM
Ok, so I finally got delivery of my nano tubes today.

First, its a bit of a squueze to get the nano inside - but once its in, it fits nicely.

However there is no protection for the screen. seeing as how this is the part most prone to scratches, this seems a little silly.

So I cut the pieces of plastic that came stuck onto my nano, and used that to cover the nano screen. But that leaves air bubbles - not ideal. Anyone know of any sticky plastic, that wont leave much of a mark when u remove it, and which will fit nicely?

Also, what do the nano tubes look tike on a black ipod nano - must be a bit strange, what with all those light coloured tubes and the very dark ipod itself. even the "clear" nano tube is basically white.

Have you tried a condom? :D :eek:

clayj
Oct 14, 2005, 01:44 PM
Have you tried a condom? :D :eek:But if you do that, you won't be able to *feel* the music... ;)

BurtonCCC
Oct 14, 2005, 01:49 PM
On eBay, if you search iPod Nano Tubes, look closely for screen protectors and you'll find what you're looking for. It's the same material that goes over PDA screen to protect from the stylus, but cut to fit the front and back of a nano. When I was looking for a nano, my idea was to put the screen protectors on and then put the tubes over that. That offers complete protection!

Daniel

iGary
Oct 14, 2005, 01:50 PM
On eBay, if you search iPod Nano Tubes, look closely for screen protectors and you'll find what you're looking for. It's the same material that goes over PDA screen to protect from the stylus, but cut to fit the front and back of a nano. When I was looking for a nano, my idea was to put the screen protectors on and then put the tubes over that. That offers complete protection!

Daniel

Yeah, but it doesn't have the reservoir tip. :rolleyes:

Ok, ban me now. :eek:

ChrisBrightwell
Oct 14, 2005, 02:00 PM
If you have air bubbles, try again and use a credit card or something to press out bubbles as you apply the protection.

iGary
Oct 14, 2005, 02:02 PM
If you have air bubbles, try again and use a credit card or something to press out bubbles as you apply the protection.

The condom or the PLASTIC?

Ok, now ban me.

The credit card may hurt.

BornAgainMac
Oct 14, 2005, 02:07 PM
Dell Pod owners will quickly point out that their mp3 player is BIGGER than the iPod after hearing all this talk about condoms.

Lau
Oct 14, 2005, 06:14 PM
I bought what I believe was called an "iCondom" (oh, the shame) to protect my 4G iPod. They were static cling plastic sheets. I found the best way to put them on with no bubbles was to wash them in washing up liquid, and dry them, but before they were fully dry, smooth them over the screen. As the Nano screen is sealed, like the normal iPod, as long as they are nearly dry, there's no problem. They'll slide around on the screen until they're dry, but once they are, they'll last ages. I think mine's been on for the last 10 months or so.

BurtonCCC
Oct 15, 2005, 10:52 AM
Yeah, but it doesn't have the reservoir tip. :rolleyes:

Ok, ban me now. :eek:
Wait... what?

Daniel