Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Atlasland

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 20, 2005
London, UK
Ok, so I finally got delivery of my nano tubes today.

First, its a bit of a squueze to get the nano inside - but once its in, it fits nicely.

However there is no protection for the screen. seeing as how this is the part most prone to scratches, this seems a little silly.

So I cut the pieces of plastic that came stuck onto my nano, and used that to cover the nano screen. But that leaves air bubbles - not ideal. Anyone know of any sticky plastic, that wont leave much of a mark when u remove it, and which will fit nicely?

Also, what do the nano tubes look tike on a black ipod nano - must be a bit strange, what with all those light coloured tubes and the very dark ipod itself. even the "clear" nano tube is basically white.

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
Atlasland said:
Ok, so I finally got delivery of my nano tubes today.

First, its a bit of a squueze to get the nano inside - but once its in, it fits nicely.

However there is no protection for the screen. seeing as how this is the part most prone to scratches, this seems a little silly.

So I cut the pieces of plastic that came stuck onto my nano, and used that to cover the nano screen. But that leaves air bubbles - not ideal. Anyone know of any sticky plastic, that wont leave much of a mark when u remove it, and which will fit nicely?

Also, what do the nano tubes look tike on a black ipod nano - must be a bit strange, what with all those light coloured tubes and the very dark ipod itself. even the "clear" nano tube is basically white.

Have you tried a condom? :D :eek:

BurtonCCC

macrumors 65816
May 2, 2005
Wheaton/Normal, IL
On eBay, if you search iPod Nano Tubes, look closely for screen protectors and you'll find what you're looking for. It's the same material that goes over PDA screen to protect from the stylus, but cut to fit the front and back of a nano. When I was looking for a nano, my idea was to put the screen protectors on and then put the tubes over that. That offers complete protection!

Daniel

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
BurtonCCC said:
On eBay, if you search iPod Nano Tubes, look closely for screen protectors and you'll find what you're looking for. It's the same material that goes over PDA screen to protect from the stylus, but cut to fit the front and back of a nano. When I was looking for a nano, my idea was to put the screen protectors on and then put the tubes over that. That offers complete protection!

Daniel

Yeah, but it doesn't have the reservoir tip. :rolleyes:

Ok, ban me now. :eek:

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
ChrisBrightwell said:
If you have air bubbles, try again and use a credit card or something to press out bubbles as you apply the protection.

The condom or the PLASTIC?

Ok, now ban me.

The credit card may hurt.

L

Lau

I bought what I believe was called an "iCondom" (oh, the shame) to protect my 4G iPod. They were static cling plastic sheets. I found the best way to put them on with no bubbles was to wash them in washing up liquid, and dry them, but before they were fully dry, smooth them over the screen. As the Nano screen is sealed, like the normal iPod, as long as they are nearly dry, there's no problem. They'll slide around on the screen until they're dry, but once they are, they'll last ages. I think mine's been on for the last 10 months or so.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.