PDA

View Full Version : ITMS question

cryptochrome
Oct 14, 2005, 02:46 PM
Say there is an album will 15 songs at 0.99, with the album available at a discount at 12.99. If I buy a few songs, and then decide later to purchase the whole album, do I get a discount so I only end up paying the album price, or do I pay for the whole thing plus extra for the additional tunes?

devilot
Oct 14, 2005, 02:47 PM
I sort of don't think so... likewise, some tracks are only available if you purchase the album as a whole.

PlaceofDis
Oct 14, 2005, 02:59 PM
nope, you have to pay for the whole album then, plus the other tracks you bought stand alone.

mcmav37
Oct 14, 2005, 03:08 PM
Yeah, this is one problem I think could be addressed with iTMS. I know I would be much more likely to buy new artist singles when they are released--therefore creating even more buzz for that artist's upcoming album release-- if I knew I could get a credit toward the purchase of the full album when it comes out (if I decide to).

In the same way, if the TV downloads are to be really successful, there should be a similar system. Obviously this is just in its infancy right now, so there isn't really any precedent, but I would like to be able to pre-order the whole season for the discounted price and then download each episode as it comes out. Or, once I have paid for enough individual episodes to equal the price it would be to buy the whole season, then the additional episodes should be free. Come to think of it, that should apply to music as well.

andiwm2003
Oct 14, 2005, 03:49 PM
the Cmusic execs will try to prevent that as long as possible. in their book giving you credit for already bought songs are lost sales.

so unfortunately that is not apples decision.

in order to come up with a consistent model of giving credit for already bought songs all music label would have to agree.

it's already hard enough for apple to keep the 99 cent per song.

so i don't see that happen until the above mentioned execs are retired or fired.