PDA

View Full Version : Smart Playlists Live Updating on iPod

BigDawgES
Oct 14, 2005, 03:16 PM
Hi!

I use smart playlists extensively, and when Apple's firmware broke the live updating of the smart playlists on the iPod, I was crestfallen.

I'm ready to format the iPod and downgrade the iPod software. Could someone tell me what the most recent iPod software had working live updating?

Any experience/problems with downgrading?

Thanks!
Ethan

dejo
Oct 14, 2005, 03:22 PM
Hi!

I use smart playlists extensively, and when Apple's firmware broke the live updating of the smart playlists on the iPod, I was crestfallen.

I'm ready to format the iPod and downgrade the iPod software. Could someone tell me what the most recent iPod software had working live updating?

Any experience/problems with downgrading?

Thanks!
Ethan

I haven't tried downgrading, but you may want to use the last iPod Update before 2005-06-26.

Updater 2005-06-26 disables Smart Playlists on iPod (http://discussions.info.apple.com/webx?50@73.NbvtatVzWJk.4@.68b36ff1)

Applespider
Oct 14, 2005, 03:23 PM

It was the late June (26?) that killed the live updating so you need to find the one before that. It will take the Podcasts out from having its own category under Playlists, Artists etc and dump them back in the Main Library. Although since iTunes 5 did this anyhow, it might not make much difference to you.