Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Subu

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 10, 2013
Hi

Good day folks

My situation
============
1. I have an iPhone 5 and an iPad 2
2. I have evernote on both instruments with DIFFERENT logins
3. As you would realise I am NOT very keen on synching my notes with the cloud, but Evernote seems to automatically synch my notes
4. Up to this point I'm OK with what happens
5. Then casually i wander around the evernote settings and realise that evernote has some monthly synching quote ! oops and ....Say i've got a quota of just 60 MB per month which at this day and time is pretty small !

Question
============
6. Now... what happens after I cross the monthly synching quota ??
7. Does evernote just stop synching ?
or
8. Does evernote just stop *working* ?

I'm just worried about evernote not *working* (i.e.) point # 8 above ; I don't care if it does not synch

Any replies are appreciated

Alternatively are there *other* good enough free note taking software for iPad and iPhone. Should be free & Basic formatting needed

Thanks
Regards
Subu

Subu

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 10, 2013
please ... someone ...please reply !!!

________
TIA, Regards, Subu

Hi

Good day folks

My situation
============
1. I have an iPhone 5 and an iPad 2
2. I have evernote on both instruments with DIFFERENT logins
3. As you would realise I am NOT very keen on synching my notes with the cloud, but Evernote seems to automatically synch my notes
4. Up to this point I'm OK with what happens
5. Then casually i wander around the evernote settings and realise that evernote has some monthly synching quote ! oops and ....Say i've got a quota of just 60 MB per month which at this day and time is pretty small !

Question
============
6. Now... what happens after I cross the monthly synching quota ??
7. Does evernote just stop synching ?
or
8. Does evernote just stop *working* ?

I'm just worried about evernote not *working* (i.e.) point # 8 above ; I don't care if it does not synch

Any replies are appreciated

Alternatively are there *other* good enough free note taking software for iPad and iPhone. Should be free & Basic formatting needed

Thanks
Regards
Subu

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
The quota is for notes. It's not a problem when it's mostly text based notes, but when you add media to them (which is what I do) like PDFs, movies, sound, etc. It doesn't apply to syncing at all. Your notes will always sync without an issue.

Subu

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 10, 2013
The quota is for notes. It's not a problem when it's mostly text based notes, but when you add media to them (which is what I do) like PDFs, movies, sound, etc. It doesn't apply to syncing at all. Your notes will always sync without an issue.

Thanks for the reply

I posted this question at the Evernote forum as well

Several users there say that once 60mb free limit is over the MOBILE users can't create a single extra note !!!

I suppose Evernote on iOS Is different from Evernote on windows or Mac !!!

Just thought I'd share that info

Regards

Subu

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Thanks for the reply

I posted this question at the Evernote forum as well

Several users there say that once 60mb free limit is over the MOBILE users can't create a single extra note !!!

I suppose Evernote on iOS Is different from Evernote on windows or Mac !!!

Just thought I'd share that info

Regards

Subu

How much does it say you're using at the moment if I may ask?

Subu

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 10, 2013
How much does it say you're using at the moment if I may ask?

I think 20 ..30 mb or something .... I don't recall exactly , will check and let you know

but the crazy thing is IF you modify a little something on some document it starts uploading and you are sweating :) !!!!!

--------

Regards
subu

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
I think 20 ..30 mb or something .... I don't recall exactly , will check and let you know

but the crazy thing is IF you modify a little something on some document it starts uploading and you are sweating :) !!!!!

--------

Regards
subu

It won't let you go over. If you try and upload a 1GB file and only have 5MB left, it'll just not let you include the file in the note period.

Subu

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 10, 2013
If you are that worried about it just pay the $4.99 a month.

Thanks for the reply

My idea / request is for free note apps with basic HTML and some basic formatting with NO cloud synch

Any suggestions / pointers / tips would be great duly appreciated

Regards

Subu

jinxedluck84

macrumors newbie
Mar 1, 2013
San Diego, CA
Thanks for the reply

My idea / request is for free note apps with basic HTML and some basic formatting with NO cloud synch

Any suggestions / pointers / tips would be great duly appreciated

Regards

Subu

Why not use the Notes app that is included in iOS and OS X (if all you need is basic text based notes)? It's free, has no limits and will cross-sync between all your devices. Plus, if you really don't want your notes to sync, just disable Notes syncing under Settings > iCloud and any notes you create on any of the devices will only be stored on that device (assuming you have an iCloud account on your devices. If you do not, the former option is the default behavior for the app).

Last edited:

Subu

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 10, 2013
Thanks yet again

The basic iOS notes app does not seem to support HTML or tables

Regards

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.