Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pwfletcher

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 2, 2002
This is by far the most creative iWatch concept video i have seen. A lot of unique imaginative tech ...

2019 iWatch Video

Not sure who this kid is, but apple needs to hire him!

Last edited:

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
Good concept and video, practically however, the design would be horrible. Not having a physical surface to 'touch' would make everything much harder than it looks, not to mention how tired your arms would get!

makotoisle

macrumors 6502
May 31, 2012
I'm not a huge fan of the projector mostly from a privacy perspective. When I get a text or look something up, I don't need everybody around me to be able to see.

Otherwise, looks awesome :-!

pwfletcher

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 2, 2002
Good concept and video, practically however, the design would be horrible. Not having a physical surface to 'touch' would make everything much harder than it looks, not to mention how tired your arms would get!

Obviously, it would also project an invisible force field for a tactile response from the UI buttons ;-)

pwfletcher

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 2, 2002
This concept iwatch is also sweet.

iWatch Video

I am a little surprised that more iWatch rumors haven't been floating around. It seemed like we were hearing a lot of them for a while there ...

Last edited:

pwfletcher

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 2, 2002
Samsung just announced they are coming out with a smartwatch too ... ole Sir John Ivey better get with it ;-)

pwfletcher

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 2, 2002
They might beat Apple to market, but it will be nowhere as good .

You never know ... they are doing one heck of a job building tvs. Apple was supposed to come out with the iTV too, but Samsung keeps dominating the market. It will be interesting to see ...

pwfletcher

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 2, 2002
yeah, i have the same opinion as you, even though the iWatch is with high-tech, i prefer those normal watches.

Well, it looks like Google is getting into the smartwatch market now too ... they don't want Apple to get too far ahead. In ten years we will all be Borg ;-)

BHP41

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2010
United States of America
While all of these concepts are nice to look at. One thing is being over looked, durability. Watches are exposed 100% of the time. They get beat and banged constantly. The wrap around design just isn't going to cut it. It has to be encased for it to have a chance to survive.

----------

I'm imagining St.Patricks day......:D

pwfletcher

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 2, 2002
While all of these concepts are nice to look at. One thing is being over looked, durability. Watches are exposed 100% of the time. They get beat and banged constantly. The wrap around design just isn't going to cut it. It has to be encased for it to have a chance to survive.

That may be why they are working on the flexible glass ...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.