PDA

View Full Version : Icons don't show up in finder sidebar!

drjbio
Feb 27, 2013, 09:49 PM
I just upgraded to OS 10.8.2. I have changed the icons for most of my working folders that I have dragged to the sidebar in my finder for easy access. If I visit my home folder, the icon pictures are all still in tact. Also, if I click "Get Info", the icons show up. However, in the sidebar of my finder, they all show as the generic blue folder. How do I fix this! It is driving me crazy because most of my folder start with the same words so when I go to save a file and the finder window comes up, I can't tell what the folders are unless I enlarge my window so that the full titles show up. It's just annoying. Has anyone run into this??

colourfastt
Feb 28, 2013, 01:22 PM
I just upgraded to OS 10.8.2. I have changed the icons for most of my working folders that I have dragged to the sidebar in my finder for easy access. If I visit my home folder, the icon pictures are all still in tact. Also, if I click "Get Info", the icons show up. However, in the sidebar of my finder, they all show as the generic blue folder. How do I fix this! It is driving me crazy because most of my folder start with the same words so when I go to save a file and the finder window comes up, I can't tell what the folders are unless I enlarge my window so that the full titles show up. It's just annoying. Has anyone run into this??

I also just upgraded to 10.8.2 (this morning) and there are NO icons next to the names on the sidebar. Anyone, suggestions?