PDA

View Full Version : Real Racing 3

TacticalDesire
Feb 28, 2013, 10:29 PM
Who else is playing it and on what? I currently have it on my mini and love it. I've always been a huge fan of racing games and this one is excellent so far. Performance is great and everything about this game brings me back to the ps2 days and gran Turismo 4. From the music to the way the tracks are, how upgrades are handled, menus. Everything. The graphics are also gran Turismo 4 like. They're great for am iPad. They don't even come close to ps3 but they've certainly caught up with what the best of last gen had to offer. Overall, solid game so far. Performs great on the A5.

AbyssImpact
Mar 1, 2013, 01:06 AM
It crashes on my ipad mini. Deleted the game afterwards.

Tylercr16
Mar 1, 2013, 09:04 AM
I play on my iPad with retina (4th Gen.). The graphics are simply amazing and the gameplay is fantastic. The only thing I don't like is having to use real money for something other than the app purchase. I would rather pay an upfront fee rather than in-app purchases. However, this doesn't keep me from playing.

TJ61
Mar 1, 2013, 09:28 AM
I play on my iPad with retina (4th Gen.). The graphics are simply amazing and the gameplay is fantastic. The only thing I don't like is having to use real money for something other than the app purchase. I would rather pay an upfront fee rather than in-app purchases. However, this doesn't keep me from playing.

Yeah, after reading this review (http://www.theverge.com/2013/3/1/4042704/real-racing-3-available-in-the-us-for-free) from The Verge ("'Real Racing 3' is ruined by in-app purchases"), I'm in no hurry to download.

Regards,
Tom

AppleRobert
Mar 1, 2013, 09:44 AM
Yeah, after reading this review (http://www.theverge.com/2013/3/1/4042704/real-racing-3-available-in-the-us-for-free) from The Verge ("'Real Racing 3' is ruined by in-app purchases"), I'm in no hurry to download.

Regards,
Tom

Through a Reddit post, it was suggested to just buy the Silva and keep racing until you build up money and driver's performance rating. Not sure how far one can get doing that but ....

AppleRobert
Mar 1, 2013, 10:06 AM
Found this advice:

http://toucharcade.com/2013/02/27/real-racing-3-tips-on-how-to-spend-as-little-real-money-as-possible/

AppleDeviceUser
Mar 1, 2013, 10:11 AM
I use it on my 64GB iPod touch 5, it runs really smooth and there is no lag at all.

TJ61
Mar 1, 2013, 10:36 AM
Found this advice:

http://toucharcade.com/2013/02/27/real-racing-3-tips-on-how-to-spend-as-little-real-money-as-possible/

Good article -- thanks!

But, it looks like I'll have to change my racing ways to minimize damage. No more using the AI car in front of me instead of my brakes so I can come into a turn faster. :cool: No more using the outside car on a turn to keep me on the track at a higher speed than the turn would normally allow. :cool: And, no more bumping the lead car from behind on the last turn if I haven't been able to make my move yet. :cool: Well, that last one might still be worth the repair. :D

Regards
Tom

Prawnstar69
Mar 1, 2013, 11:35 AM
Add me to compete :cool:
Game center username : Prawnstar69

burnout8488
Mar 1, 2013, 12:05 PM
Who else is playing it and on what? I currently have it on my mini and love it. I've always been a huge fan of racing games and this one is excellent so far. Performance is great and everything about this game brings me back to the ps2 days and gran Turismo 4. From the music to the way the tracks are, how upgrades are handled, menus. Everything. The graphics are also gran Turismo 4 like. They're great for am iPad. They don't even come close to ps3 but they've certainly caught up with what the best of last gen had to offer. Overall, solid game so far. Performs great on the A5.

I feel exactly the same way! Playing this brought me back to GT4, just graduating highschool, locking myself in the basement with my PS2.... If only the physics were more like the GT series I would find myself playing it a lot more. Braking/Acceleration isn't as immediate as I'd like and as a result of being used to GT4/GT5, I can't drive worth a lick in RR3.

Zaft
Mar 1, 2013, 01:43 PM

I just downloaded it yesterday. I like it, fune to play. The graphics are great, graphics on mobile devices have come a long way in a avery short amount of time.

I'm playing on an iPad 4, runs smooth.

iThinkergoiMac
Mar 1, 2013, 04:30 PM
The graphics are also gran Turismo 4 like.

The graphics absolutely surpass GT4.

TacticalDesire
Mar 1, 2013, 09:27 PM
The graphics absolutely surpass GT4.

If they do it's not by much. That doesn't mean they're bad.

AppleRobert
Mar 2, 2013, 06:45 AM
It will cost me $33k minimum to get to the next series of races to enter. That would be for the Nissan Skyline GTR V Spec R 34. Maybe not the best car for the series but lots cheaper.

I already have accumulated enough for that car even making repairs and service throughout to the Silva to get that money. I have not spent that much time with the game either.

I can spend $1.99 for $50,000 and I might do it since I like the game so far. We will see but it would be nice being in on the ground floor with a game so to speak when it first becomes available so I probably will go for it to get further faster.

And I do want to try connecting to my HDTV to see how I feel about that. I do have the adapter for the Mini that I need.

Ratatapa
Mar 2, 2013, 07:27 AM
Just torrent the DLC then import them wiht ifunbox

**** in app purchases

AppleRobert
Mar 2, 2013, 09:36 AM
Just torrent the DLC then import them wiht ifunbox

**** in app purchases

Unfortunately I do not follow what you have recommended in your post. I am having fun plodding along with this game and I am afraid I will spend lots of time playing it more so than I should just like others do with some other games.

What the heck. It is a free download and you do not have to spend a dime really if you do not want to. I say go for it, folks.

TacticalDesire
Mar 2, 2013, 09:44 AM
It will cost me $33k minimum to get to the next series of races to enter. That would be for the Nissan Skyline GTR V Spec R 34. Maybe not the best car for the series but lots cheaper.

I already have accumulated enough for that car even making repairs and service throughout to the Silva to get that money. I have not spent that much time with the game either.

I can spend $1.99 for $50,000 and I might do it since I like the game so far. We will see but it would be nice being in on the ground floor with a game so to speak when it first becomes available so I probably will go for it to get further faster.

And I do want to try connecting to my HDTV to see how I feel about that. I do have the adapter for the Mini that I need. it would be nice if this game was compatible with Bluetooth controllers. Hook it up to the tv, sit on the sofa and enjoy.

TJ61
Mar 2, 2013, 01:37 PM

Regards,
Tom

Let's see...I posted that yesterday, so yeah, I was in no hurry to download. :o (Especially since I needed time to free up some space.)

Currently up to $26k...had my first oil change (spent 2 pts to speed up the process instead of taking a break to shower :rolleyes:). So far, not bad for free. We'll see how it goes.

Add me to compete :cool:

If I want my a$$ handed to me, I'll let my kids do it! :D

Regards,
Tom

prdlacky
Mar 2, 2013, 03:13 PM
TJ61:
You don't hate to pay for repair time :-)
wYu1ryYmDgs

iThinkergoiMac
Mar 2, 2013, 07:05 PM
If they do it's not by much. That doesn't mean they're bad.

Your implication, not mine. I never said or implied that either's graphics are bad. RR3's graphics are amazing and GT4's are great for the platform. See this screenshot comparison in my post here:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=16887354&postcount=72

TacticalDesire
Mar 2, 2013, 09:13 PM
Your implication, not mine. I never said or implied that either's graphics are bad. RR3's graphics are amazing and GT4's are great for the platform. See this screenshot comparison in my post here:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=16887354&postcount=72

I can find nice screenshots too. But yeah. I agree. Both look great for their respective platforms.

GT4
http://egamer.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/gran-turismo-4.jpg

walie
Mar 2, 2013, 10:39 PM
it would be nice if this game was compatible with Bluetooth controllers. Hook it up to the tv, sit on the sofa and enjoy.

In that situation I would just play Grand Turismo/Forza. Much better experience in everyday

UBS28
Mar 3, 2013, 01:30 AM
I have been playing it on my iPad 3. Looks pretty good. However, I don't believe there are many cars and tracks in this game in order for it to compete against Forza and GT5. But it's a free game :)

AppleRobert
Mar 3, 2013, 09:50 AM
The Panorama track is awesome, got to that one last night.

In the first series, there is a race specially for the Ford Focus. Well I have the Silvia and do not plan on buying the Focus. I hope that does not stop me from completing the first series 100%.

TJ61
Mar 3, 2013, 11:21 AM
TJ61:
You don't [have] to pay for repair time :-)

Great! Now I'll never have to take a break to shower! :eek:

I was at least glad to see the timer goes by real time, and that I wouldn't have to keep the game running for the timer to count down.

Regards,
Tom

dancj
Mar 3, 2013, 04:00 PM
I loved Real Racing 2, but on my iPad 3 the frame rate in RR3 is a little bit too low.

Worse than that though, the game just seemed a bit boring compared to RR2 - maybe it was because I had to be much more careful not to damage my car.

TJ61
Mar 3, 2013, 08:42 PM
The Panorama track is awesome, got to that one last night.

In the first series, there is a race specially for the Ford Focus. Well I have the Silvia and do not plan on buying the Focus. I hope that does not stop me from completing the first series 100%.

+1 on the Panorama track! I like the addition of noticeable elevation change in several of the tracks compared to RR2.

You've probably figured out by now that you'll have to buy the Focus. I was avoiding it, and then got a good deal ;) on the Dodge that I couldn't pass up. I ended up having to buy the Focus, too. Now, it looks like I'll have to redo some races to earn enough $$ to get the Beemer (otherwise done with the first circuit).

Regards,
Tom (who for the first time had a low battery shutdown today)

Badrottie
Mar 4, 2013, 12:58 AM
I downloaded it yesterday and played on my iPad 2 the gameplay is nice. That is all I can say right now. :apple:

NavySEAL6
Mar 4, 2013, 07:21 AM
As soon as I heard about the IAP I said no chance. Not even worth the free download to try it out

GerritV
Mar 4, 2013, 08:36 AM
As soon as I heard about the IAP I said no chance. Not even worth the free download to try it out

You don't have to purchase anything. Just race your way through all the series and collect both money and gold.
All you need is patience - racing skills also help ;-)

----------

+1 on the Panorama track! I like the addition of noticeable elevation change in several of the tracks compared to RR2.

You've probably figured out by now that you'll have to buy the Focus. I was avoiding it, and then got a good deal ;) on the Dodge that I couldn't pass up. I ended up having to buy the Focus, too. Now, it looks like I'll have to redo some races to earn enough $$ to get the Beemer (otherwise done with the first circuit).

Regards,
Tom (who for the first time had a low battery shutdown today)

Hehe, you Americans and your Beemers :-P
There are more models for sale in higher series, so no worries.

TJ61
Mar 4, 2013, 09:04 AM
Hehe, you Americans and your Beemers :-P

What can I say? It's the only way to finish the first series...until I figured out I can start the second series without finishing the first! Just took delivery of my Skyline GTR! :cool: The Beemer will just have to wait.

And there are worse ways to earn money than turning silver into gold on previous races.

Regards,
Tom

musicpenguy
Mar 4, 2013, 03:21 PM
I am discovering that if you just play the game and participate in multiple racing series that you can earn enough money to buy any car in the game and beat other racers. The game initially feels like you need to spend money to win, but this is not true at all - looking forward to completing all of this game without spending a dime! - just to stick it to EA - EA could of had $10, but instead will get nothing for their hard work :)

chrisrosemusic1
Mar 4, 2013, 04:03 PM

Your loss

irnchriz
Mar 4, 2013, 04:11 PM
It's a great little racer. You can make it perfect by following the advice from this site and loading up a 'tweaked' save which gives you a few billion credits. No more waiting, no IAP.

Works without any jailbreak

http://mobilegamingsquad.wordpress.com/2013/02/13/mgs-plays-real-racing-3-hack/

AppleRobert
Mar 5, 2013, 09:39 AM
Because of the showcase races for each car in the first series, I guess you cannot get to 100% complete without buying each of those to compete. I am not doing that, spending the money when I have the Silva which lets me race in all the other ones.

And I bought the Skyline for the next series and it let's me race in that one without completing the first series totally so .....

TJ61
Mar 5, 2013, 10:07 AM
Because of the showcase races for each car in the first series, I guess you cannot get to 100% complete without buying each of those to compete. I am not doing that, spending the money when I have the Silva which lets me race in all the other ones.

And I bought the Skyline for the next series and it let's me race in that one without completing the first series totally so .....

Yeah, now that I figured that out it's, well...off to the races!

Something I made great use of in RR2 was somebody's compilation of car data, showing # of cylinders, "Power" rating (default and max), top speed, etc. Since some of these were criteria for entering a race, it helped to plan car purchases (minimize the # of car purchases necessary to complete your career). I wonder if a similar compilation is (will be) available to help maximize gameplay for a minimum of car purchases.

So, where's everybody at? I own:

Skyline GT-R (180 mph)
Ford Focus (168 mph)
Dodge Challenger R/T (180 mph)
Silvia S15 (164 mph)

Completion:
Pro/Am World Series
Pure Stock 88%
Street Spec 31%

I'm a Level 17 driver with $37k in the bank, and looking for my next car purchase soon. What should I buy?

Regards,
Tom

Anijake
Mar 6, 2013, 10:01 PM
Just wish it would sync progress between devices. So I could play on iPhone when iPad not around.

TacticalDesire
Mar 7, 2013, 06:23 PM
I loved Real Racing 2, but on my iPad 3 the frame rate in RR3 is a little bit too low.

Worse than that though, the game just seemed a bit boring compared to RR2 - maybe it was because I had to be much more careful not to damage my car.

I wish developers would optimize their apps more to take advantage of the graphics chip in the iPad 3/4. There's certainly not a lack of power.

Jag Jaeger
Mar 8, 2013, 02:06 AM
I also love to play Racing Games and I use to play NFS and I had played all versions of NFS and still I am eager to play same. I don't know why I like to play NFS again and again? If new version is going to launch then I immediately play buying same otherwise in free time I use to play older versions repeatedly on my iPad2.

missinginstereo
Mar 8, 2013, 03:46 AM
Excellent game, excellent graphics but you'll need a 4th gen device to get the best out of it.
I thought Contract Killer was cynical but this game is beyond cynical. Whilst servicing and repairs is a nice touch of realism they eat away at your funds, as does spending the premium currency on rushing through repairs or upgrades (some take over 6 hours!!). What's more, the opponents seem geared to do you damage and often pen you against walls.
You can't sell cars like you could in the last one which is really annoying. Each series of events only have 4 cars that can race. At the beginning they are evenly matched but, later you have a choice of spending 50k on a car that can do 155mph or 127k on a car that can do 190mph.
The one thing that's really bugged me is there's no qualification for cup races which means what? Most races are 3 laps and so you have 3 laps to get from last to first which often means you have to race VERY aggressively to get ahead meaning more damage, more cost and slower progress.
What saves this game is that it is very good. The graphics and controls are outstanding and so you don't mind playing it a lot. That being said, i've not had to save up for a 2 million quid super car yet so while you might get a lot of joy out of the game, you'll probably not complete it without IAP's before the next one comes out.

Mike MA
Mar 8, 2013, 05:14 AM

Exactly. But the sad thing is that some poor kiddies will buy $100 IAPs by accident and EA will have its deal.

iF34R
Mar 10, 2013, 09:47 AM
I've been enjoying it a lot, and being frustrated as much at times lol.

Here's where I am right now:

Lvl - 56 (40hrs 52mins)

201 Trophies
Gold - 193
Silver - 8
Bronze - 0

Cars - 20

Ford Focus RS
Porsche 911 GT3 RS
BMW M6 Coupe
Nissan Silvia [S15]
Dodge Challenger R/T
BMW 1 Series M Coupe
Audi R8 LMS Ultra
BMW Z4 SDrive35IS
Nissan 350Z [Z33]
BMW M3 GTS
Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR-X
BMW M Coupe
Dodge Challenger SRT8
Nissan 370Z [Z34]
Ford Shelby GT500
Nissan Skyline Gt-R V-Spec [R34]
BMW M3 Coupe
Lamborghini Gallardo LP5600-4
Porsche 918 RSR Concept
Audi TT RS Coupe

TJ61
Mar 11, 2013, 03:57 PM
Here's where I am right now...

Impressive! Did it take any IAPs to get all those cars? It'll take me forever to get that many AND upgrade them to stay competitive!

And ditto the comments on lack of qualifiers. I hope they add that back in. Sometimes it feels like I barely break even on a race after car repairs!

Regards,
Tom

iF34R
Mar 12, 2013, 05:44 AM
Impressive! Did it take any IAPs to get all those cars? It'll take me forever to get that many AND upgrade them to stay competitive!

And ditto the comments on lack of qualifiers. I hope they add that back in. Sometimes it feels like I barely break even on a race after car repairs!

Regards,
Tom

Honestly, yes I did use IAP once, and then did some free offers for a LOT of gold. However, I think it would have been just as easy, just a little longer on the time line, to get where I am w/o any IAP or extra gold.

Grayburn
Mar 12, 2013, 07:23 AM
I'm loving RR3 at the moment, but getting slightly bored of the tracks, wish there was more.

Got 7 cars at the moment using no in app purchases.

97 events of 961 completed.

Gold - 63
Silver - 15
Bronze - 13

musicpenguy
Mar 12, 2013, 09:07 AM
I am also loving RR3 - haven't paid any money to EA and have earned:

21/46 Cars
Current Cash: $460,028
Total Cash Earned: $2,292,940
Current Gold: 75
Total Gold Earned: 320
23/65 Achievements
319/961 Events Completed
579 Total Races
263 Total Trophies

ChristianJapan
Mar 12, 2013, 09:49 AM
I'm playing on iPad 3; graphics is ok/great.
Meanwhile I have seven cars; not much virtual money. The waiting time is really disturbing; sometimes 30 or 40 min. But the good thing is: it actually force you to have a break while gaming and do other things. Read MR, prepare food, do the laundry etc. once those daily tasks are done the repair is done, too. From that point of view it's ok. Still hate to wait. ;)

Will I ever spend real money to buy points ? Nope. :D

AppleRobert
Mar 12, 2013, 10:09 AM
If you do not want to wait, buy two cars for the same series so you can race the other one instead. Or just go to another series that allows you to race with what you bought so there is strategy needless to say to avoid waiting.

For free, this game is awesome and I still have not spent a dime OOP.

charlituna
Mar 12, 2013, 02:24 PM

i haven't run into that problem. Repairs don't really take all that long at their normal speed. Certainly not so long that I feel the need to pay to speed things up. I just play another game until then

----------

Exactly. But the sad thing is that some poor kiddies will buy $100 IAPs by accident and EA will have its deal.

Only if their parents aren't paying attention. turn off IAP, take the credit card off the account, don't tell the kiddies the password or have one they can figure out etc.

TJ61
Mar 13, 2013, 03:55 PM
Honestly, yes I did use IAP once, and then did some free offers for a LOT of gold. However, I think it would have been just as easy, just a little longer on the time line, to get where I am w/o any IAP or extra gold.
Good to hear it didn't take too much IAP - I don't foresee myself pulling out the wallet. But I keep thinking the door is going to close somehow on the free play, whether it's by EA tweaking the repair costs or times or something. I'm still having a good time with it now though.

I finally figured out how to do well on the "reach max speed in one lap" challenge, but it requires hitting the wall at max speed at the end of the longest straight run. :sad face:

Regards,
Tom

ZacNicholson
Mar 13, 2013, 04:53 PM
I love rr3. I have used about 2000 of iap on it!

This is my favorite car.

Ps I didn't buy the iap. There is a way to get them for free

iF34R
Mar 14, 2013, 07:12 AM
I love rr3. I have used about 2000 of iap on it!

This is my favorite car.

Ps I didn't buy the iap. There is a way to get them for free

Add me on Gamecenter so I can beat ya. ;)

F34RTEHR34PER is my gamecenter name. ;)

SingularityG
Mar 16, 2013, 08:35 AM
Rear Racing 3 is such controversy. It comes from EA, you can get it for free, but enjoy it perfectly without spending a dime.:)

adam044
Apr 9, 2013, 08:54 PM
add me adam-054

macalec
Apr 14, 2013, 12:55 PM
Does the retina iPad overheat with this game???

ChristianJapan
Apr 14, 2013, 05:47 PM
Does the retina iPad overheat with this game???

Get a bit more warm; would not call it overheat; iPad 3rd Gen

maflynn
May 4, 2013, 05:52 AM
I've just gotten into this game, first on my iPhone 5 but the screen is really too small to enjoy it, and now on my iPad mini.

Quick question, am I really racing head to head with others or does RR3 take the statics of other racers and apply them to AI drivers in my race?

TJ61
May 4, 2013, 11:15 AM
I've just gotten into this game, first on my iPhone 5 but the screen is really too small to enjoy it, and now on my iPad mini.

Quick question, am I really racing head to head with others or does RR3 take the statics of other racers and apply them to AI drivers in my race?

NO, you're not really racing head to head with others -- not even close. RR3 assigns the total race time and avatar of someone to a "bot car". I think the race time is then fudged a little to account for the fact that you're always starting in last position.

Otherwise, that bot car races with the currently horrendous artificial intelligence that makes for a demolition derby of a race. So, don't be offended when a "friend" knocks you off the track, or constantly rams you from behind.

There are rumors that the developer is planning to make the AI a little more realistic (it is supposed to be Real Racing, after all, not Grand Theft Auto).

Regards,
Tom
p.s. Have you tried RR2? That DOES have real-time racing against friends over a network. I race my kids on that sometimes on the home wifi -- I let them drive a little Chevy coupe while I drive the McLaren F1. :D

maflynn
May 9, 2013, 06:01 AM
p.s. Have you tried RR2? That DOES have real-time racing against friends over a network. I race my kids on that sometimes on the home wifi -- I let them drive a little Chevy coupe while I drive the McLaren F1. :D

I'm actually liking RR2 over RR3. It seems less fremium based and fun to play. RR3 seems designed that you need to buy credits to keep upgrading and I've not really needed to worry about that for RR2.

TJ61
May 9, 2013, 02:38 PM
I'm actually liking RR2 over RR3. It seems less fremium based and fun to play. RR3 seems designed that you need to buy credits to keep upgrading and I've not really needed to worry about that for RR2.

I got a lot of fun out of RR2, first on my iPhone, and then again when I got my mini (much better experience). I'd almost forgotten that RR2 even had IAP....

I've put a fair number of hours into RR3, and have yet to pull out my wallet. Even so, the freemium nature permeates the game, and not in a good way.

Regards,
Tom

maflynn
May 9, 2013, 02:43 PM
Even so, the freemium nature permeates the game, and not in a good way.

That is what I felt, the game is designed for you to buy and keep buying credits. The game is stunning and the game play top notch but its designed to keep you spending $$. I'm not a huge game player so RR2 is more my style since I'll save money and have a more enjoyable experience

charlituna
May 12, 2013, 09:52 AM

I found that it isn't that big of an issue. Buy a couple of the cheap cars with your virtual cash and you can drive one while the other takes the slow (and free) route to repairs. Have been playing since it came out and haven't spent a real dime yet.

adnbek
May 12, 2013, 10:23 AM
Just wish it would sync progress between devices. So I could play on iPhone when iPad not around.

You now can with the latest version.

moonman239
May 12, 2013, 12:57 PM

Count me in. On the first day I played this game, I was really good. Later, a friend of mine started playing the game and is now a better racer than I am. My first car is the 2010 Ford Focus. A little tip: I don't use my brakes. I also take advantage of the fact that cars slow down at times, like at turns.

TJ61
May 13, 2013, 09:55 AM
I found that it isn't that big of an issue. Buy a couple of the cheap cars with your virtual cash and you can drive one while the other takes the slow (and free) route to repairs. Have been playing since it came out and haven't spent a real dime yet.

Yeah, I got over my initial reluctance pretty quick. I'm at 91% complete. Haven't spent a dime.

A little tip: I don't use my brakes.

I wouldn't try that if you have brake assist off! :D

Regards,
Tom

Toxenory
Jun 23, 2013, 11:25 AM
Game center name : atahan

nozebleed
Jul 16, 2013, 02:23 PM
sorry to kick the dust off an old post, but this game crashes constantly on my ipad mini. I just downloaded it, i tried reinstalling, clearing backgrounded apps to free up memory, etc etc. Im on 6.1. anyone else having this issue?

Jad Morffier
Feb 12, 2014, 09:36 PM
Hi all,

I'm wondering who's still playing this awesome game? I'm looking for a challenge regarding TSM times. Add me in GameCenter if you are interested: jadmorffier

Badrottie
Feb 12, 2014, 11:30 PM
I retired from playing RR3 because it is getting bored. :apple:

iMas70
Feb 13, 2014, 02:00 PM
RR3 is pretty much the only game that I play. I'm a car guy so I really enjoy racing without spending a lot of $ to modify/blow up my own car :) It takes awhile to get to the big dollar cars though. And I've found that even if I do have the money to buy some of them, they are still locked. So something can be offered during one of their sales but I still can't buy it.

ZacNicholson: I've looked into being able to get all of the cars for free but don't trust the sites. Don't know how legit they are.

My goal is the Veyron 16.4. I think I'll have some fun with that one! At the rate I'm going, I'll have the money in 3 months but it will probably be locked :(

balcis
Jul 4, 2014, 04:05 PM
I'm a fan of this game and it's main reason I'm using my iPad 4 for. And I'm not updating its OS to 7.1.2 because of performance related considerings.

Does it have a performance decrease when updating to iOS 7 from iOS 6?

mjt57
Jul 5, 2014, 07:48 AM
I've been playing RR3 for the past 8 months, on and off. I try to race at least once a day to get the max bonus and to build up the "bank balance".

I'm on the last series of the game. However, I have quite a few series that I'm unable to either enter or to complete because the game requires you to purchase the cars with "R Gold".

Now, I'm able to build up a modest gold balance by levelling up or to progress through series, but we're talking about small amounts of gold, usually 2 or 3 at a pop.

I sat down and worked out how much gold that I'd need to buy all the required cars to finish the game and for me to upgrade some already purchased cars which require gold for upgrades in order to meet min performance criteria or to simply get the car competitive (in my hands).

It came to around $700 (real dollars which purchase things like food, fuel, pay utilities, stuff like that) Now, the game is good, but it ain't THAT good. I don't know if any Xbox or Play Station car racing games require in-app purchases in order to progress through the game. I'd had to think that if they did there would be a revolt amongst the users.

I'd rather pay a reasonable price for the game up front, then to earn further game points which are attainable without having to make any additional purchases. As it is I've spent probably around $60 on gold and some extra "R Dollars". But that's it. If I can no longer progress then I'll simply delete it and move on. EA/Fire Monkeys have gotten some dough out of me.

In future, though, I won't be getting involved in any so called "freemium" games. They either come complete free, as is, or at whatever price they set on the game or application.