PDA

View Full Version : How often do you remove your case

abz1981
Mar 1, 2013, 11:05 AM
HI all

Just wondering really. How often do you take your mba out of your speck case etc.

I only really use my mba at home and once in a while take my speck case off and just feels so good and a bit lighter without it. Does anyone else do this?

BeeJee
Mar 1, 2013, 11:12 AM
HI all

Just wondering really. How often do you take your mba out of your speck case etc.

I only really use my mba at home and once in a while take my speck case off and just feels so good and a bit lighter without it. Does anyone else do this?

Why do you use a case at home?

abz1981
Mar 1, 2013, 11:23 AM
Why do you use a case at home?

incase I drop it on my laminated wooden flooring or something. Okay maybe that sounds a bit too much. But yeah I guess thats why.

zObsidian
Mar 1, 2013, 12:40 PM
When around the house, my MacBook Air is naked (just like me :cool:).

iMacC2D
Mar 2, 2013, 12:32 AM
incase I drop it on my laminated wooden flooring or something. Okay maybe that sounds a bit too much. But yeah I guess thats why.

Having seen and serviced many machines with drop damage, I would be surprised if the Speck case did anything to protect the unit in the event of a drop. There's a good chance the Speck case will just shatter.

It will help with the odd knock, scrape or bump, but that's about it. Overall, prevention is the best protection when it comes to drops.

Fireball Dragon
Mar 2, 2013, 08:27 AM
HI all

I hardly ever remove the top part of the case, simply because it is so darn hard to get off! I remove the bottom every few weeks, but even that is overkill, as I never really find any dust or debris there...