PDA

View Full Version : Album art on ipod nano

tiny_101
Oct 15, 2005, 04:34 PM
Hi, I got my ipod nano not too long ago, and for some reason, only 1 out of all the album covers are shown on my ipod. In iTunes, I enabled album art to be displayed on my ipod too. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks in advance!

- Tiffany

mojohanna
Oct 15, 2005, 04:51 PM
Hi, I got my ipod nano not too long ago, and for some reason, only 1 out of all the album covers are shown on my ipod. In iTunes, I enabled album art to be displayed on my ipod too. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks in advance!

- Tiffany
It will only display alblum art from songs downloaded from iTunes. Any songs imported from CD or other sources will not have the alblum art associated with it.

clayj
Oct 15, 2005, 04:55 PM
It will only display alblum art from songs downloaded from iTunes. Any songs imported from CD or other sources will not have the alblum art associated with it.Unless, of course, you import the album art yourself. You don't HAVE to buy your music from iTunes in order to have album art on your iPod/nano... you just have to make sure that you import the album art yourself.

Sca1pel
Oct 16, 2005, 02:01 PM
Best place to get album art is off amazon.com just click on the CD and it gives u a nice BIG photo, then just drag it to the get info window where the photo is and BALAPBABODUWOPSHADOPBAMBAM!!!!!

tiny_101
Oct 16, 2005, 02:20 PM
I've tried importing the album covers myself, and as-well I have used amazon.com, but still the album art won't show up on my Ipod. (Just to make sure I am doing it correctly, all I do is find the album cover and then drag the picture into the small box in iTunes while it is playing the song, right?) Please correct me if I am doing it wrong ! :confused: :(

- Thanks again!

moot
Oct 16, 2005, 02:27 PM
You can check the song to see if the album cover has been added to the file. In iTunes click on the song, then command +i for the info box. then one of the options is artwork. Is your artwork displayed in there?

Atlasland
Oct 16, 2005, 02:30 PM
use fetch art

BlizzardBomb
Oct 16, 2005, 03:21 PM
This widget works great for me (well if you have a mac with Tiger). http://www.apple.com/downloads/dashboard/music/albumartwidget.html

tiny_101
Oct 16, 2005, 03:42 PM
Hmm, when I look at the information for the song, the album cover is displayed there. I also tried Fetch Art, but everytime I use it to try and find covers, it encounters errors. Even if I try one song at a time, it is unable to retrieve them. :confused:

h00ligan
Oct 22, 2005, 06:56 PM
i have a nano too, and i am SURE that my album art is in there. It shows up in ITUNES and on my Xbox running XBMC. Any ideas why it may not be showing next to the song title when playing songs on my nano?

xqz
Oct 22, 2005, 09:04 PM
ive got the same exact problem. im pretty sure that all the album art is in there.

it shows in itunes. and i downloaded other songs before and they already had album art in them. those show up but the new ones that i added dont show. does anyone know why?

by the way i just got my nano yesterday =)

and registered today =)

edit: actually i just found one more album art that works. and it didnt have album art before

so only one album so far that i see has album art that i manually added

midailey2
Oct 23, 2005, 06:44 PM
My album art shows up on some songs, and not on others. Some of the songs were purchased from iTunes and others had the album art entered manually. All the art shows in iTunes on my PC, but there doesn't seem to be a pattern to what shows on the iPod and what doesn't. Some are indiv songs, some are albums....some used to show it but don't anymore, and I haven't changed anything that I know of, aside from regular updates to the software. Is there some kind of song-level setting?

xqz
Oct 23, 2005, 06:52 PM
i think i have solved the problem... i got all my album art to show

what you need to do is put the album art onto songs IN your library FIRST. then transfer to your ipod.

so delete all the songs in your ipod. edit all songs in your library and drag and drop.

tiny_101
Oct 23, 2005, 09:58 PM
Does it have to be put into my library, or can it just be any playlist ?

Tuned MP5T
Oct 24, 2005, 09:53 AM
When you guys were import the Album Art did you just have one song hi-lighted or all the songs of the album? I made the mistake of just having one song hi-lighted.

tiny_101
Oct 25, 2005, 09:34 PM
When you guys were import the Album Art did you just have one song hi-lighted or all the songs of the album? I made the mistake of just having one song hi-lighted.

Hum, did you import each album cover by yourself? I figured that if I were to import each song's album, I ought to have just the song hi-lighted.

xyouxfailmiex
Oct 25, 2005, 10:58 PM
Best place to get album art is off amazon.com just click on the CD and it gives u a nice BIG photo, then just drag it to the get info window where the photo is and BALAPBABODUWOPSHADOPBAMBAM!!!!!hahahahahahahahahaaha i want to hear that sound

Piarco
Oct 26, 2005, 06:39 AM
Another vote for FetchArt here. Its not perfect (I've had to track down via the web some of my more obscure - and sometimes not so obscure - albums) but its good for about 75% of the time. And all my manually/Fetch collected album art shows up fine on my nano...

bepster
Oct 26, 2005, 07:12 AM
I am using www.slothradio.com/covers/

it's great if you have to add manually...

Atlasland
Oct 26, 2005, 03:52 PM
I am using www.slothradio.com/covers/

it's great if you have to add manually...

Thats bloody brilliant! Reaches the places FetchArt doesn't reach!

Cheers!

macguymike
Oct 27, 2005, 03:26 AM
i think i have solved the problem... i got all my album art to show

what you need to do is put the album art onto songs IN your library FIRST. then transfer to your ipod.

so delete all the songs in your ipod. edit all songs in your library and drag and drop.

Had the same problem. This solution works. Thanks! :)

carpe diem
Oct 27, 2005, 04:08 AM
Restore your iPod it should help.

charlies.angels
Nov 10, 2005, 01:09 AM
hey i have read through the posts and it still hasn't fixed my problem about the artwork on ipod. i could manually do it but isn't it suppose to once you download your cd into your libray the picture show automatically pop up? if anyone could can you please message me. thanx people!!! :)

cleanup
Nov 11, 2005, 07:07 AM
hey i have read through the posts and it still hasn't fixed my problem about the artwork on ipod. i could manually do it but isn't it suppose to once you download your cd into your libray the picture show automatically pop up? if anyone could can you please message me. thanx people!!! :)

When you import a CD, iTunes only finds the Gracenote CDDB information, which does not include album art. You have to import that yourself.

If I'm understanding this thread correctly, if I get a nano or a video iPod, it will have album art on it, because I have not owned a colour-screen iPod before, and all of my songs already have imported album art (except for a few live songs).

owenow
Nov 14, 2005, 10:18 PM
Hey all

Is it me or is it ridiculous that iTunes doesnt allow an automatic download of album art and album information...

... you know the way that Windows Media Player does it?

I mean manually finding an album art pic and having to drag it for every song is pretty ridiculous and time consuming isnt it?

Am I missing something - is there a faster/better way to get this done without having to purchase the songs from iTunes etc...

any help would be most appreciated - owow@optusnet.com.au

Thanks!!

O

drater
Nov 14, 2005, 11:45 PM
anyone still use this? I think its great.... http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/18699&vid=184651&mode=info

newalloy
Nov 19, 2005, 08:38 PM
There is a MUCH SIMPLER way to get your album artwork to show on your ipod (mine's a nano) than to delete all the songs, and re-add them from your library. In my case, I added all the album artwork to the ipod, and not to the library... cuz I already had the music on the ipod, and just wasn't thinking about it.

All you have to do if you've loaded the artwork onto the ipod and not the playlist is go into itunes, go into the ipod options, then at the bottom there is a checkmark to enable or disable showing the artwork on the ipod. Mine was on already, but if you turn it OFF, then ok. Go back in, turn it ON, hit ok, your itunes will read all the artwork on the ipod and it will say "optimizing artwork" or something..

VOILA.. 3 mins later, my 2 hours of artwork loading finally paid off, it wasn't all WASTED!

FadeToBlack
Nov 20, 2005, 03:00 AM
Thats bloody brilliant! Reaches the places FetchArt doesn't reach!

Cheers!

Yes, that is an excellent resource for album art! Most of the time, I add all my art manually, so this site will come in handy. Thanks a lot!