Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

randychico

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 15, 2005
So here's the deal, I have my new G5 iMac OS 10.3.9 I already have an internet connection using a Netgear WGT624 wireless router, it's directly connected with an ethernet cable. Now I want it to recieve a wireless connection, what do I do? :confused:

Ive tried using the Airport Admin Utility but it doesn't automatically show, I've tried adding "other" but after I've included the router adress and password and even my ISP adress and password it says that "The Airport admin utility was unable to read the configuration of the selected base station (an error ocurred while reading the configuration)"

Ive looked all over but I've seen nothing really specific. Most solutions involving buying and Airport base or something, which Im in no position to do.

So please, If anyone can help Id really appreciate it. :eek:

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
What sort of security does your router have? Has it been set up as a wireless router already?

You shouldn't be using the AirPort Admin Utility because that's for setting up base stations whereas you already have a base station, you just want to connect to it. :)

It should really be a matter of either going through your AirPort menu in the top right of your screen, selecting your network and putting in the password (which may need a $ sign at the front).

If you can't find that menu, you can go to System Preferences and select AirPort, click Assist Me at the bottom and then click on the Assistant. That should walk you through the process pretty clearly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.