PDA

View Full Version : browse library via album art?

sohaness
Oct 15, 2005, 10:29 PM
when oh when will we see this in itunes???

i think being able to browse your music library through cover art is so much better than looking at an alphabetical list!

steve.

pdpfilms
Oct 15, 2005, 10:40 PM

i think being able to browse your music library through cover art is so much better than looking at an alphabetical list!

steve.

Seems like it may come soon, with the addition of the Videos pane in iTunes 6.

asherman13
Oct 15, 2005, 10:42 PM

steve.

that'd be cool, but not all album art is available, unless you scan it...and i'm far too lazy for that :D i'd just like to be able to view album art and all my playlists without having to scroll, but that problem lies between the chair and they keyboard.

Tommyg117
Oct 15, 2005, 11:27 PM
I think it'd be good. I just find the pictures on line and attatch em to the file, but I'm lazy as well. The ones that don't have actual covers available on line, I don't bother putting the artwork on.

Kernow
Oct 16, 2005, 02:05 AM
Not sure if this is exactly what you want, but Clutter is a pretty cool program that lets you see and choose albums by cover art. IIRC it also checks Amazon and automatically downloads the cover art for music you are listening too.

Link (http://www.sprote.com/clutter/)

Epicurus
Oct 16, 2005, 10:27 PM
that'd be cool, but not all album art is available, unless you scan it...and i'm far too lazy for that :D

It would be nice if Apple would lend a hand to CDDB and let users who get CD info from CDDB (through iTunes) also be able to download album covers directly from the iTunes Music Store. Apple has already got a database full of album covers so this shouldn't be a technical problem. Album art isn't exactly as tightly restricted as the music itself so there shouldn't be any legal problems. Somebody just has to write the app and get access to the Music Store catalogs. Maybe when they add album searching to iTunes they'll add this feature. :D

madmaxmedia
Oct 16, 2005, 10:37 PM
This is sweetness if you have added album covers to your music.

http://www.steelskies.com/coverflow/HomePage.html

If you haven't, Clutter is the best program for doing so. Coverflow is great, but doesn't add album art to the iTunes database or to the actual music files.

sohaness
Oct 16, 2005, 10:47 PM
yeah i downloaded coverflow...its amazing. it would be nice if something like that was a feature in itunes yknow?

anyway, i digress...

steve.