Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

XboxMySocks

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 25, 2009
I contacted AnyStyle about more information on their warranty and they told me the following:

"It will void your Apple warranty. As far as we know, mileage will vary. Since we aren't replacing anything some apple stores have still been honoring warranties while others don't. So just to be safe, we tell customers to assume the warranty is void.

We are trying to work out warranties on our own but just aren't quite there yet. If you have any issues with the actual process or there is an issue that arises you think was caused by the anostyle process, we would of course take care of that. For example we had one customer that had a lock button issue after a few weeks. It started sticking where it never did before. We sent him a label and had him send it back in and we were able to fix it and send it right back. Things like that we will do. We take care of our customers and would never leave you to deal with an issue that we may have overlooked. We just can't guarantee what Apple will do in regards to AnoStyle phones. Worst case scenario from our experience with speaking to them is they'd charge $229 for a replacement device."

So, essentially, they will fix your phone if it is damaged as a result of the process, and in addition they offer cheap repairs for anything that you encounter yourself.

I also called up Apple themselves and after I asked them about warranty being void from AnoStyle modifications, I also asked if they replacing modified phones is covered under AppleCare, to which they replied "No, it would not be"

Here's the call, and the official Apple Stance on warranty after AnoStyle/any modification

Hope this can help anyone sitting on the fence about AnoStyle! I still am myself, my AppleCare+ plan being the only thing keeping me from doing it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.