PDA

View Full Version : Downloading TV episodes - ooops

Shacklebolt
Oct 16, 2005, 12:38 AM
Okay... so I've downloaded four episodes of Lost, at the cost of 8 dollars. I'm realizing now that's I'd simply like to have the whole first season, the cost of which is 35 dollars. If you buy each of the episodes individually though, the cost I'm on pace for is around 50 dollars. So it's still cheaper for me to buy the whole season. The question I have is... am I out 8 dollars, if I want to buy the whole season? Do I get some sort of discount? That is... can I buy the rest of the first season for 27 dollars, or something?

katie ta achoo
Oct 16, 2005, 12:41 AM
Okay... so I've downloaded four episodes of Lost, at the cost of 8 dollars. I'm realizing now that's I'd simply like to have the whole first season, the cost of which is 35 dollars. If you buy each of the episodes individually though, the cost I'm on pace for is around 50 dollars. So it's still cheaper for me to buy the whole season. The question I have is... am I out 8 dollars, if I want to buy the whole season? Do I get some sort of discount? That is... can I buy the rest of the first season for 27 dollars, or something?

AFAIK, no... but I'd email Apple/iTunes and ask! It never hurts to ask.

TheMonarch
Oct 16, 2005, 12:42 AM
Sorry dude. Seems you're out of luck, but then again, its still cheaper, so its not all bad.

fayans
Oct 16, 2005, 01:07 AM
Maybe you may not be short of another $8 next week if you start saving a dollar each day from today ;)

Passante
Oct 16, 2005, 05:43 AM
Remember when the iTMS first rolled out and reviewers were quick to point out this same issue with music. "Be carefull. If you buy a few songs and then decide that you want the whole album you'll pay twice for the music you just bought" This was the big negative issue that many of the reviewers went to extreme lengths to point out. This was before the recent media coverage of Apple turned positive.

Sorry you are out $8.